Shogun is on a mission to help brands create the best ecommerce experiences in the world, and in the process, become the world's best remote company.
We've been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices - we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States, Canada, or the Philippines.
What You'll Do
We are looking to add a Technical Support Engineer to our team! You'll work with clients to identify and resolve front-end issues they're experiencing with their builds. You'll also be testing, documenting, and reporting found bugs to our Engineering team. This role is ideal for a front-end web developer with an eye for troubleshooting and providing solutions.
We are looking for team members who are flexible to working nights/weekends as needed.
- Help with User Interaction: Communicate with users to understand the issues they're experiencing, and provide updates in a friendly & timely manner.
- Troubleshoot: Diagnose users' front-end technical issues. Identify potential conflicts from themes or other apps and provide fixes to resolve them when possible. Escalate potential bugs and back-end issues for our Engineering team to resolve.
- Maintain Coverage: Help our support team and users by covering certain "time blocks" during which you will be monitoring inbound channels for when our users write in to report technical issues.
- Collaborate: Work with the Support team to communicate known bugs, brainstorm difficult issues, and handle technical issues escalated by our general support specialists. Work with the Engineering team to report found bugs.
What You'll Bring
Need to have
- Fluency in the English language; demonstrated in communication and writing skills
- Experience with templating languages or developing within content management systems
Nice to have
What We Offer
- Experience building a website with Wix, Squarespace, WordPress, Weebly, etc.
- Working knowledge of Shopify, especially theme modifications and third party apps
- Experience with DevTools, Liquid, React, and APIs
- A great attitude and desire to help people & solve problems :)
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
We are hiring in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship. Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description.