Are you the best technical support agent in your organization, and want to maximize the impact of your knowledge and experience? Do you love helping other support agents deliver exceptional customer experiences? Are you a technical expert who loves analyzing a problem and optimizing the solution?
Our managers don’t have a laundry list of processes to follow and tasks to execute. The focus of your day is to read the tickets that agents are solving, identify quality problems, and deliver advice to drive continuous improvement in the team.
What You Will Be Doing
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Using your customer service experience, generate insights to guide our front-line support, and your software development expertise to critically evaluate the work of second-level agents.
- Expanding your knowledge across an array of technologies. Our team supports 100 unique enterprise software products with everything from mobile app development platforms to database load-balancers.
Technical Support Manager Key Responsibilities
- Project management or task assignment - We have sophisticated algorithms and automation to handle this.
- Stagnating at your current level of technical proficiency - Deep diving into technical details within tickets gives you daily challenges to expand your knowledge.
- Spending all day in meetings or writing reports - The primary goal of the role is to improve the quality of agents' work.
- Identifying and prioritizing the most important quality problems in support tickets, and then developing clear and simple coaching to fix these quality problems.
- Leveraging technical acumen to understand why troubleshooting and solutions within tickets are suboptimal.
- Writing clear and concise coaching advice to improve the ticket quality of agents. These written coaching documents are how you multiply the impact of your knowledge and experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer. You won't be programming in this role, but you will need to understand code, scripts, database queries, and dense log files while reading tickets.
- 2+ years of experience as a customer-facing support agent. You must exemplify a customer-focused approach to ticket handling when coaching agents to provide a great experience.
- Experience providing constructive and sometimes critical feedback.
- Fluent English and the ability to write clearly and concisely.
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials
to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3128-PH-NCRNatio-TechnicalSuppo1.009