HostPapa Inc. is one of Canada’s fastest-growing technology companies with over 180,000 customers worldwide. We help individuals and small-to-medium-sized businesses deliver their online dreams by hosting and supporting their websites, email, and cloud-based solutions. Join our team today and let us help you reach your full potential in the world of technology.
We are looking for someone with advanced FreeBSD, cPanel web hosting, and server administration to join our amazing Technical Support team. This is a remote position where you will be working from your home environment.
Schedule (all On Eastern Time Toronto)
- 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- 7:00 pm - 4:00 am
- Solve customers’ technology issues and communicate with them via a ticketing system (email).
- Install, configure, maintain, and solve errors for content management systems including, WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.
- Deploy security and PHP updates in the FreeBSD environment.
- Review email logs, determine why an error is happening, and solve it.
- Troubleshoot why a website is slow or not loading.
- Handle migrations from external providers to our servers.
- Ensure the migrations are completed successfully with no errors or issues.
- Work with cPanel scripts to tweak settings or fix accounts.
- Provide customers with a “WOW!” experience.
- Two years of experience working as a technical support representative in a web hosting environment.
- Experience with FreeBSD it’s a must.
- Experience with cPanel/WHM servers at root level it’s a must.
- Quickly and successfully diagnose and mitigate typical web hosting problems, examples include: mail deliverability, CPU load, Apache outages, and similar technical issues in different operating systems(Centos, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, etc.).
- Knowledge of virtualization systems (KVM and Xen) on both the hypervisor and guest VM levels.
- Basic bash scripting skills and ability to understand basic bash scripts.
- Ability to work independently and proactively with a drive to learn, improve, and advance.
- Good communication skills, using grammatically correct and well-spoken verbal and written English, resulting in being able to politely and successfully communicate with other team members, departments, or 3rd party vendors regularly.
- Own Linux or macOS workstation, regularly updated and secured.
Benefits And Perks
- Experience with Windows Server.
- Experience with Plesk Onyx.
- Experience with DirectAdmin.
- Work from anywhere - this is a remote opportunity!
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for growth and professional development
HostPapa is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of our diverse team.
HostPapa is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
Powered by JazzHR