HostPapa Inc. is a leading web hosting and cloud services provider for small- to medium-sized businesses, with over half a million websites hosted worldwide.
One of Canada’s fastest-growing technology companies, HostPapa is based in Burlington, Ontario, but our workforce is almost entirely remote (even before COVID!), allowing us to hire the best and brightest talent from all corners of the world.
We are looking for someone with advanced cPanel web hosting and server administration experience to join our L2 support team. We want a person with knowledge of cPanel based migrations at scale, someone that continuously looks for smarter ways to accomplish tasks and naturally enjoys working with people.
Schedule - All on Eastern Time (Toronto):
Monday - Friday
Wednesday - Sunday
Saturday - Wednesday
What you'll do:
- Solve customers technology issues and communicate with them via a ticketing system (email)
- Install, configure, maintain, and solve errors for content management systems including, WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.
- Review email logs, determine why an error is happening, and solve it
- Troubleshoot why a website is slow or not loading
- Handle migrations from external providers to our servers
- Ensure the migrations are completed successfully with no errors or issues
- Work with cPanel scripts to tweak settings or fix accounts
- Provide customers with a “WOW!” experience
- Must have experience working in the web hosting industry
- Intimate knowledge of cPanel, how it works and how to fix errors with it
- Excellent SSH and command-line skills
- Ability to interpret email and weblogs
- Knowledge of DNS
- Knowledge of Mod_Security, PHP applications, Web Errors, Email Errors, CSF, CloudLinux, etc
- Driven to be the best and you have examples to prove it
What we offer:
- Work from anywhere - this is a remote opportunity
- A competitive salary that values you and your unique skill sets
- Career advancement & professional development opportunities to help you reach your full potential
- Flexible work arrangements to support work/life balance
At HostPapa, we’ve been committed to providing a complete array of enterprise-grade cloud services solutions to every business owner since 2006. These services, traditionally out of reach to smaller businesses, are offered in a one-stop shop, making it quick and easy for customers to select the services they need to grow. We back these offerings with 24/7 award‑winning customer support in four languages.
Our HostPapa family values diversity and inclusion. We have a friendly company culture built on trust and respect spanning the entire company. With the acquisition of several companies into our product portfolio within the past year, we’re growing at an incredible rate and have ample opportunities for career growth.
Come join our talented team of enthusiastic, hard-working, passionate, driven people engaged in meaningful, innovative work. We can’t wait to meet you!
HostPapa is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of our diverse team.
HostPapa is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please let us know, and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Powered by JazzHR