This position is responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of all plant machinery and supporting equipment; including technical and operational support for all distribution equipment. This individual must maintain supplier / vendor relationships. This position reports directly to the Warehouse Operations Manager.
- Maintain and repair equipment such as AS/RS system, conveyor and control systems as well as power equipment.
- Daily operational support of AS/RS system and conveyor.
- Carry out preventative maintenance programs for all machines and equipment to ensure a safe and efficient operation.
- Comply with all relevant local legislation and standards, to include but not limited to OSHA, MSDS Standards and ISO Procedures.
- Trouble shoot equipment in the field and the workshop.
- When fault-finding during equipment breakdown, assess for scope of work, revise priorities and communicate to Operations Management and Supplier.
- Perform preventative maintenance programs.
- Maintain preventative maintenance logs on all equipment and systems, and ensure written procedures and protocols are followed correctly.
- Maintain logs and records of work performed and materials and equipment used.
- Complete allocated work by the scheduled date.
- Replace worn components before mechanical or electrical
- breakdown occurs.
- Ensure that repairs and installations carried out meet Safety Standards.
- Monitor and control equipment using remote digital controls.
- Train other technicians, share knowledge and advise on improvements.
- Provide feedback to technical staff on the effectiveness of the preventative maintenance tasks, inaccuracies in documentation and plant performance deficiencies.
- As team member, complete work necessary to keep other Maintenance Staff on track to work plan, including temporary repairs to equipment and availability of supplies.
- Maintain and take periodic inventory of parts, materials, and components as directed by the Operations Management.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe work area including clear access ways and safety signs.
- Conduct safety audit of equipment to identify faulty equipment and repair or replace as required.
- Ensure faults identified in safety audits are rectified promptly.
- Contribute to the online Knowledge database.
- Work rostered hours as required, including shifts.
- Perform other duties of a similar level or nature required by the Operations Management.
- Minimum a Higher Nitec
- 5 years of experience in maintenance operations, preferably in distribution environment.
- Electrical / Mechanical knowledge of powered and hydraulic / pneumatic drive systems including pumps, motors, etc.
- Troubleshooting and repair of DC drives and controls.
- Job task will include PLC fault finding.
- Electrical measurement testing / inspection.
- Electrical and mechanical repair.
- Service management and documentation.
- Strong sense of urgency and troubleshooting ability.
- HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical experience.
- Computer knowledge of Windows based programs.
- Siemens PLC knowledge an advantage (training can be given).