Rakuten Travel Xchange is a hotel distribution service providing travel retailers around the world with easy access to hotel rates and inventories through a single source. Travel businesses will be able to manage their entire hotel inventory needs from a single API connection, via a tailored web portal or template solutions, or its Travel Agent Portal, without spending valuable resources on integrating multiple supply partners.
Our sites exist as Software as a Service solutions for enterprise. As a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer on our Custom Sites team, you will work on consumer-facing websites as well as administrative portals for travel agent or other corporate bookers. An understanding of user behavior when placing travel bookings with the ability to think through the user-experience is a definite plus.
We are looking for an experienced QA Engineer to develop/support and lead the automation strategy/effort and generate scripts to perform automated testing for frontends, APIs and backend micro-services support testing of our high-performance backend software stack. This entails the full life cycle of testing from designing tests to identify and understand issues, developing them into scripts and executing them for future iterations.
- Remote - Compensation in line with local market conditions.
- Hands-on manual investigation and reproduction of functional backend software issues
- Root cause analysis of existing test script failures
- Identification of current test script deficiencies and candidates for additional scripted coverage
- Investigatory testing of unreleased features including defining requirements, behavior and impact
- Develop and lead the automation strategy/effort and generate scripts to perform automated testing cycles using Selenium, Test automation for both frontends, APIs and backend micro-services
- Create extensible frameworks for stubbing, mocking, data setup and tear-down to support repeatable, chain-able tests
- Strong teamwork, problem-solving skills and verbal and written communication skills to coordinate efficiently with clients, products, offshore & onshore teams and bridge the communication gaps.
- Documentation and design of candidate test scenarios for the above
- 3 years or more experienced in Automation Testing / Tester / Quality Assurance
- Must be fluent in English so that they can communicate with rest of the team.
- Hands-on experience using test automation frameworks such as Cucumber, Selenium, Webdriver and other tools. (Able to use Cypress/Mocha)
- Have a deep understanding of testing concepts and methodology, & version control (Git, Bitbucket, etc)
- Experience or knowlegde on Node.js and Golang will be advantageous
- Knowledge of CI/CD such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL is a plus.
- Knowledge of Load Testing is a plus.
- Knowledge of other Non-functional testing is a plus (Page Load Time Testing, Data Testing, etc)
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.