Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Bangkok, Thailand.
Remote location(s): Thailand.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in test development or sustaining for manufacturing tests.
- 5 years of experience as a printed circuit board (PCBA), electronics system test software, or hardware engineer.
- 3 years of experience as a technical lead for a test engineering team.
- 3 years of experience in Python development.
- Knowledge of server or networking switch functional block diagram and testing.
- Knowledge of Agilent3070 or equivalent in-circuit testing and fixturing design and maintenance.
- Ability to generate product-specific test plans and execute testing accordingly.
About the jobGoogle's custom-designed equipment makes up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Manufacturing Operations team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google’s powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you’re right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google’s infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google’s infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Support qualification, deployment, and provide ongoing sustaining support of the test systems. Be based at supplier as onsite engineer for vendor oversight.
- Drive continuous availability of Google’s manufacturing test platforms, through code reviews, software/hardware qualification, preventive maintenance (PM) effectiveness drive, test debugging, reduction of escapes, and optimization of test time.
- Sustain manufacturing test plans and drive test coverage based on product and test requirements. Analyze root cause and prevent manufacturing test issues and field escapes.
- Engage in new product introduction (NPI) to review and provide design for testing (DFT) input into the manufacturing test strategy for new products. Drive test key performance indicators (KPI) improvement.
- Deploy custom software and hardware test solutions or changes at manufacturing partners' locations.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .