The trainee will report directly to the Project Lead and work closely with his teammates.
At ST Engineering, our people are our greatest resource because it is from our talents that solutions to meet tomorrow’s challenges are generated and created. Working with like-minded specialists and engineers, you will look to the latest innovations to tackle a myriad of challenges faced by our global base of customers.
Competencies To Learn
- To provide testing support and verification
- Design, develop, and document comprehensive test plans for iDirect products.
- Coordinate and participate in use case testing activities including test planning, execution, and reporting
- Perform setup of network and test scenarios, both hardware and software components, and perform troubleshooting
- Understand the agile process and scrum ceremonies
- Know how to execute scrum planning, daily standup, story implementation, backlog grooming, scrum review and retrospective
- Familiar with system tools
- Gain Knowledge of Lab management, cisco router, servers and test network setup and configuration, Power on/off handling for the networks and devices IP address allocation and management
- Setup and configure Satellite network with iDirect devices from scratch
- Complete network/software upgrade, troubleshooting existing network
- Reproduce bugs, test for bug fixing and prepare test results
- Review software requirements and test scenarios
- Create functional test cases and perform functional testing
- Perform end-to-end middle-size network configuration from hub to remote system and integration test
- Conduct traffic test using Spirent, iperf and udpblast
- Multi-VLANs, L2/L3, Beamswitch and QoS test
- Analyse traffic results
- Add scripts for auto test in Robot auto test framework, increase the auto test coverage and implement nightly sanity test
- Degree of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or electrical engineering.
- Experience with IP Networking protocols and standards.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, sockets, etc. and experience in network performance testing.
- Able to communicate (verbal/written) effectively on a technical level with peers and supervisors.