As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Thai Language Specialist
Welocalize is looking for Language Specialists with outstanding writing skills and creative minds to participate in a project that will help shape the future of chatbot technology in many languages.
Imagine first that you have some problem that you want to solve (maybe with your insurance, or with a retailer, or with an airline, etc). You call the company’s customer support telephone line to get help and a computer chatbot answers. Your job will be to imagine a particular customer support situation and then write up examples of things you (and people you know) might say on the phone. We call these statements “utterances”
The specific job task will be to create one sheet of utterances per task. On the sheet, there will be several prompts (scenarios) and the creator will create several variants for expressing an utterance that relates to the prompt. All specific rules regarding spelling, grammar, punctuation, glossary term usage, and other specialized conventions (orientation will be provided) MUST be followed. If not, the creator will be provided with feedback and asked to edit their sheet of utterances until it complies with our quality standards.
Duration: Ongoing (Estimated end date - February 2022)
Start Date: ASAP
Pay Rate: Variable based on task type
Schedule: Weekly commitment of 10-25 hours; set your own schedule
Employment Type: Freelance/Independent Contract
- Native-level fluency in Thai (written and spoken).
- Advanced English comprehension (spoken and written)
- Ability to follow nuanced linguistic instructions (e.g. Do not use numerals in your writing. Write out all numbers. Do not use “1”. Do use “one”).
- Ability to hit demanding deadlines by learning how to work in efficient ways.
- Extensive knowledge in local-market insurance, financial, and health care systems (work experience in these sectors is not necessary, but knowledge as a consumer of these systems is critical).
- Ability to analyze writing prompts (scenarios) and adapt them to local cultural reality.
- Efficient online research skills.
- Preferred: documented work experience as a writer (journalism, creative writing, preferred).