This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the leading Venture Capital firms investing into the next wave of tech-enabled companies in Southeast Asia.
As a thesis-led, high conviction and value-adding investor, TNB Aura’s approach utilises a heavy emphasis on data-driven methodologies to identify, execute and support each of our portfolio companies. As an approved co-investment partner of Enterprise Singapore, we invest $1-10 million into Series A & B tech startups across Southeast Asia. Our existing portfolio covers some of the region’s leading technology startups. For more information, please visit us at https://www.tnbaura.com/
We are looking for talented and motivated students to be with us for 3 months. You will have the opportunity of working closely with a team of top tier investors who have inspiring ideas of VC industry in Southeast Asia. During the program, you will build good understanding of venture capital industry, discover in-depth knowledge of SEA startup landscape, and gain hands-on investment experience.
We will not see you as an intern but part of our team throughout the program. Top performers will be considered for full-time hire. Be ready to take on challenges and take away real experience.
This is a full-time internship program. Considering COVID-19 situation, we are flexible with work from home arrangements.
- Week 1: Onboarding Week and VC 101. 1-on-1 sessions with all team members including Partners.
- Week 2 to 4: Deal Sourcing, Deal Screening, Commercial Due Diligence, Portfolio Management
- Week 5 to 8: Term Sheet and Investment Memo
- Week 9 to 12: Reinforced learnings
Expectations of Outcome:
- Be able to source investment opportunities independently
- Understand screening criteria and screen opportunities accurately
- Be confident in having meetings with startup founders and ask right questions
- Be able to perform commercial due diligence under the guidance of investment team
- Complete one industry research under the guidance of investment team
- Complete a full due diligence report
- Undergraduate, master or MBA from top universities
- Progress and expectations will be adjusted according to the level of experience of candidate
- Strong interest and passion into technology and entrepreneurship
- Highly motivated, self-driven, diligent and accountable
- Ability to work independently and within a team context
- Strong analytical, financial analysis, writing and presentation skills
- Attention to detail, thorough and organized
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Ability to grasp new ideas and concepts quickly
- Strong interpersonal and long-term relationship building skills
- Be Able to prepare research and analysis documents on short notice