Summary of Key Functions:
Technical support to township administration and Township Planning and Implementation Committee (TPIC) in the development and implementation of annual township plans.
Effective coordination and management of UNDP’s activities in the assigned township.
Strategic partnership management.
Facilitation of monitoring, knowledge building and learning.
1.Technical support to township administration and Township Planning and Implementation Committee (TPIC) in the development and implementation of annual township plans:
- Analyzes trends and good practices in local governance and engages in the design of UNDP’s technical assistance to counterparts in the assigned township.
- Collects data and information on the real-time socio-economic and political situation of the assigned township, synthesizes and analyses the situation in respect of supporting to programme/project formulation and implementation; and reports timely/regularly to project management.
- Provides trainings and workshops, including hands-on coaching, based on the agreed methodologies; Adopts trainings to different needs of various participant groups (eg. TPIC, W/VTAs, Hluttaws, civil society, women representatives, etc.); Promotes leave no one behind principle and applies human rights-based, ‘do no harm’, and conflict- and gender-sensitive approaches.
- Participates in the process of developing and implementing township annual plans as well as in the related tendering and procurement processes; and provides hands-on coaching to TPIC and procurement selection committees to ensure processes and decisions are in line with the Grant Manual, Procurement Manual, and any other agreements signed with the government.
- Provides hands-on coaching to TPIC, W/VTAs and Hluttaws for their various consultation efforts in the assigned township; Ensures that the entire process of developing and implementing the township annual plan is participatory and inclusive.
- Provides facilitation support to the bi-weekly meeting between the township administration and W/VTAS.
- Organizes and facilitates trainings for the relevant stakeholders on monitoring of the township annual plan and social accountability.
- Provides hands-on coaching to TPIC for effective management of the township annual plans, including monitoring performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, and preparation of reports in accordance with the Grant manual.
- Provides high-quality and client-oriented technical support to the township administration for timely administration of the Township Grants, including preparation of the FACE forms and other supporting documents in line with the Grant Manual, Procurement Manual, and any other agreements signed with the government.
- Provides technical guidance to the Implementing Partner(IP)/Responsible Party(RP), if any, and ensures standard methodologies are applied in the assigned township.
2.Effective coordination and management of UNDP’s activities in the assigned township:
Implements activities in line with the TDLG project Annual Work Plan (AWP);
- Provides inputs to concept notes, terms of references, job descriptions and work specifications that are necessary for the initiation of project activities, as required;
- Organizes and facilitates trainings/workshops or other agreed events in a timely and strategic manner.
- Acts as the focal for the Implementing Partners (IPs)/Responsible Parties (RPs) in the assigned township; Provides effective support to IPs and RPs, including coordination of UNDP process for disbursing financial resources to them through agreed modalities. Facilitates timely receipt of IPs/RPs’ progress updates/reports. Monitors and analyzes any implementation issues IPs/RPs may be faced with and discusses with IPs/RPs to identify solutions.
- Sets up an implementation calendar to monitor project events, contractors’ delivery timelines, payment schedules, and logistical timelines;
- Ensures timely implementation of the project activities in the assignment townships and communicates timely any bottlenecks to minimize delays;
- Provides coordination support for audits;
- Ensures full compliance with organizational rules, regulations, policies, strategies and internal control mechanisms. In all project activities, ensures appropriate use of project funds as well as the consistent application of UNDP rules and regulations.
- Supports creating a motivating and professional work environment.
3.Strategic partnership management:
- Facilitates, maintains, and contributes to strategic dialogues between project staff and counterparts, including township administration, W/VTAs, Hluttaws, civil society, women representatives, etc.; Ensures clear communication about TDLG project strategies and results according to standard messaging.
- Meets with relevant government departments in the assigned township to discuss status and issues of project implementation so that project implementation leads to intended results and achieving its objectives.
- Identifies areas of cooperation and coordination with UN agencies or other development partners for implementation of joint activities within the area of the project.
- Advocates UNDP with the counterparts, partners and stakeholders. Consistently promotes a positive image of UNDP.
- Contributes to formulation of UNDP strategies such as of UNDAF and CPD through daily functions and collection of background information in the assigned township, as required.
- Provides inputs to UN and development partners’ coordination platforms.
- Participates in project level coordination meetings and/or technical working groups as per project document and AWP and contributes technical inputs.
4.Facilitation of monitoring, knowledge building and learning in relation to the project implementation:
- Regularly updates information on key indicators for tracking results of the TDLG in the assigned township; Participates in analysis of monitoring results to ensure systemic learning and informed project level planning and decision making;
- Provides technical assistance to township administration to systematically document lessons learned and key changes in the process of developing and implementing township annual plans/budgets, and in township public financial management;
- Identifies and contributes to case studies and impact assessments to generate knowledge on key developments/changes in the assigned township;
- Collects and manages filing system of township plan and budget related data and information in support of project implementation in general.
- Facilitates knowledge sharing workshops and meetings in the assigned township and within UNDP.