Tridge is seeking to identify and recruit a world-class Trade & Engagement Manager(“TEM”), the pillar of Tridge’s global trade ecosystem, in the Food & Agriculture industry.
TEMs are the communication bridge between suppliers, buyers, and Tridge. As a key trading & sales representative of Tridge, you will deliver our mission of creating a safe and efficient global trade ecosystem. As the operator of supplier and buyer engagement, you will facilitate communications and lay the foundation of successful trade deals.
The TEMs are professionals who are responsible for building relationships with local exporters and importers, managing various stakeholders in the local area and developing market intelligence of various industries. Ultimately, as the TEM, you will manage and carry out various identification and verification tasks to enhance Tridge’s trade ecosystem.
Tridge is the most relied-upon global market intelligence platform for the $2.5 trillion global Food and Agricultural industry and has successfully launched its unique online end-to-end product fulfillment program in FY 2020 through the collective efforts of a global team spread out across more than 50 countries. Our customers and partners today already include the likes of Del Monte and Sysco in the US, Grupo Herdez in Mexico, Mitsui in Japan, Sobeys and Metro in Canada, as well as Carrefour and nestle in Southeast Asian countries. (Please visit us at www.tridge.com)
*This position is to be fully-remote.
*After you join Tridge, there will be webinar training sessions to help you better understand your role in Tridge.
A Trade & Engagement Manager at Tridge will be Responsible for:
- Engage Buyers and Suppliers: You will contact and invite suppliers and buyers to Tridge. As the local representative of Tridge, you will deliver the key benefits of using Tridge platform and help them register on the Tridge platform.
- Build Strong Relationships: You will communicate consistently with suppliers and buyers who have partnered with Tridge. As the Sales Manager, you will ensure that the platform experience is pleasant and effortless for the suppliers and buyers.
- Collect Intelligence: You will collect the most up-to-date market information through communicating with suppliers and buyers. You will also conduct comprehensive market research to strengthen Tridge’s market intelligence.
- Cultivate Market Data Credibility: You will evaluate the supplier's credibility based on the measurements and guidelines provided by Tridge.
- Any other tasks that are necessary for maintaining the Tridge system and business partnership
We deeply care about the Personality and Values of each of our team members and even more importantly about those in key leadership positions. We would like to work who is with the following:
- Pursuing authenticity of their work and mission and engaging in good faith
- Obsessive to close a deal and to achieve the target goal
- Care about the people with whom they work
- Live with a high-level purpose in life
- Passion for communicating, negotiating, and developing close relationships with people
- Share the vision with the Tridge team about achieving and delivering an equilibrium in the global agricultural commodities markets
- Born with integrity and capable of operating with high self-discipline
- Pursuit of entrepreneurship in a fast-growing organization with high authority as well as discipline
We are of a balanced view in considering the Qualifications for this position rather than expecting all of these attributes to be demonstrated from any one single individual:
- +5 years of experience in sales or business development
- Knowledge in the major industries of the trading business of the following industries: Agriculture(Fruits, Grains, Nuts) and Aquaculture(Fish farming and processing).
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in the local language (Malay)
- Living in the country where you are applying for this position (somewhere in Malaysia)
- Spoken and written English skill of business level or higher recommended
- Experience & knowledge in sales or procurement in the food trading business
- Understanding of sales or procurement in the global trade business
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to adapt quickly to the fast-paced working environment
- Capability to handle multiple works with great time-management skills and responsibility
Working at Tridge provides the following Extra Benefits:
- Work from Home: You will be engaging directly with suppliers and buyers. You will be working in your region and reporting remotely to the Operations Team of Tridge HQ.
- Career Advancement: You will enhance career skills by encountering and overcoming challenges in working with the fast-growing team. Join us in our mission to make disruptions and solve inefficiencies in the traditional trading industry.
Get to know more about Tridge from our press release: