About the position
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and Chief Operating Officer (COO) for day-today fleet team activities.
In addition, the Transportation Assistant Manager (TAM) will work closely with Operations Manager and Senior Fleet Officer in the planning, development and day to day transportation operations of the fleet team and ensuring all SOPs are implemented and met.
The TAM will be a driven individual, team player with an enthusiasm for working in a Fleet and operations in a role that requires leadership, excellent operational skills and a strong knowledge of fleet processes and functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The work and role of the Transportation Assistant Manager includes but is not limited to the following:
- Schedule and provide leadership to build and maintain a strong team through effective communications, recruiting, training, coaching, counseling, appraising, rewarding, developing, and succession planning.
- Supervise all activities of fleet officers. Direct and schedule fleet officers’ work, plan, assign, and distribute daily work
- Identify and resolve delivery and scheduling problems through timely communication with customers, suppliers, and other locations.
- Coordinating and using transportation resources to achieve objectives that fully support and are linked with company objectives as well as assisting/facilitating other department’s functional objectives
- Finding and facilitating win/win solutions to conflicting priorities and objectives
- Understanding budget requirements and identifying opportunities for cost control
- Supervise personnel, conduct timely performance reviews and hold regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Proactively responding to situations including but not limited to breakdowns, late trucks, directions, product discrepancies, customer and supplier changes/updates
- Involving team members in discussions to improve processes
- Helping team members understand their role in achieving company objectives
- Work directly and closely across multiple departments to achieve desired results through alignment and good communication with the operations, business development and finance teams
- Work closely with CBO, COO and OM to develop Karzo’s services in line with overall company strategy and growth plans
Education and Experience
- At least 5 years' working experience in logistics, supply chain and transportation fields
- Minimum 2 years’ supervisory and above experience in transportation
- Logistics and supply chain qualifications an advantage
Skills and Requirements
- Thorough understanding of all functions of virtual fleet processes, Geographic knowledge, transport procedure and fleet operations
- Able to meet strict deadlines
- Good reporting skills
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proactive and able to work under pressure and timeline
- Ability to motivate and lead a fleet team to achieve desired results.
- Excellent time management and calendar planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- High level of competency in Excel and other relevant applications
- Proficiency in English