At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere - including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
Customer advocacy is at the heart of Hopper. As a globally distributed team of travel and hospitality enthusiasts and experts, we believe that every interaction before, during and after booking travel with Hopper should earn our travellers' trust and loyalty.
As an agent providing service to Hopper’s Flights customers, you have a passion for the air travel industry, are a natural problem solver who loves to tackle complex air ticketing issues and are a strong written communicator. Hopper's goal is to become the most customer-centric travel company in the industry, and a big part of that is providing the absolute best service to our customers. We are looking for people who love helping others, are persistent, empathetic, kind and curious.
In This Role, You Will
- Support customers via chat, email and voice to ensure they have the best possible post-booking service (most teammates tend to work with 40+ customers every day). No scripts, human conversation only.
- Engage with customers and provide answers and recommendations that lead to confirmed air bookings and post-booking purchases, specifically process voids, refunds with waivers, exchanges and schedule changes
- Work out of multiple GDSes and a variety of internal tools and systems to assist guests with Hopper air bookings
- Help users navigate the Hopper app, troubleshoot bugs and provide guidance on new features
- Constantly prioritize and re-prioritize a high volume of incoming travel requests for air customers
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service to all users who contact Hopper
- Experiment: we are an adventurous bunch so expect that anything and everything can change!
a Perfect Candidate Has
- A minimum of 3 years in a user-facing or back of house airline industry or travel agency role, and in-depth experience with multiple GDSes (Sabre/Galileo/Amadeus)
- Exceptional written communication skills in English; bilingualism (ES/FR) is a bonus
- Excellent computer skills, a willingness and an eagerness to excel at technical systems
- A high level of understanding, patience and empathy to navigate difficult customer conversations with professionalism under pressure
- Previous remote work experience and a stellar remote work set-up, including a quiet space, stable internet connection, and a back-up location
- Ability to work full-time hours on a schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays
- Commitment to continuous growth and learning. You understand that every challenge is an opportunity and you get excited about learning new things