Catalyze is a sustainability agency operating at the nexus of design, communications and behavioral change.
Where ideals and ideas converge, we design solutions that move NGOs, brands, and companies along their sustainability journey.
We are designers, strategists, developers, researchers and sustainability professionals who converge on one mission - inspire and influence for the greener good - through web & visual design, communications strategies design, and systems & behaviour change design.
We work with remote team across Indonesia and the region from our basecamp in Sanur, Bali.
We seek an experienced Freelance UI Designer who will work on the development of websites for various sustainability issues. The websites’ key features range from providing geospatial data sets, members databases or compelling visuals for fundraising purposes. The UI Designer can be located anywhere in Indonesia and collaborate during working hours with our team. If you are freelancing or working on a project base for several businesses, then this may work for you. Please apply with your resume and portfolio (or links to it).
Freelance (project basis) during daytime from anywhere in South East Asia, adhering to GMT+7 and GMT+8 collaboration time
Conceptualize and design world-class online User Interfaces.
What You Will Be Expected To Do
- Make concepts for websites and digital products that are innovative and in line with global trends in visual and technology
- Design intuitive interfaces and interaction with a problem-solving attitude, dedicated to the audience’s needs
- Stay inherent to the brief but also offering creative options that go the extra mile - strive for excellence in usability
- Join and participate in meetings and present work results whenever needed
- Produce technical documents and presentations relevant to the projects
- Collaborate with the wider team, in particular with the design team to make sure the designs align to Catalyze’s vision and the development team, participate actively in brainstorming to find the most current technical solutions.
- At least 5-years work experience in visual and digital design
- Involvement in projects related to public education, socio-economic and environmental data, crowdsourcing and web-map development is a plus point.
- Ability to work with clients to understand their detailed requirements to meet their vision and their audience's needs
- Extensive experience in using UI design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Ability to iterate your design and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills, working with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, especially in a virtual team setting.
- Highly responsible and self-motivated
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work with tight deadlines
- Proven experience in working virtually (remote) with other colleagues and project manager
What's on Offer?
- Great work culture
- Opportunity to make a positive impact
- Flexible working options