Airbase is the first all-in-one spend management platform that provides companies unparalleled control and visibility into every dollar spent. Finance teams deserve a solution that eliminates the tedious work involved in managing spend and allows them to focus on being strategic partners to the rest of the business. We do that by replacing the multiple systems typically used to manage spend with a single platform that handles every workflow including expense approvals and payments (physical cards, virtual cards, ACH, check), while also automating away the bulk of spend-related accounting.
Learn more about why innovative companies like Gusto, Segment, Doximity, Getaround, Netlify, and more trust Airbase at www.airbase.com
About the Job:
As a member of the product team you will play a key role in defining and building the Airbase product. As a UX Writer, you will work to shape product experiences by creating the language components of the software including on screen messaging and in-app instructions.
You will focus on understanding the nuances of how our customers think, and how they interact with our platform in order to help create an optimal user experience for the different user personas. You will quickly gain confidence with using our software as a user would, and will leverage that knowledge to create messaging that enhances user experience.
This is an opportunity to influence how the design function evolves as we grow and impact product success. We're looking for someone who thrives in the early stages of a company and is self driven.
- Work closely with PMs, Engineers, Designers, Onboarding & Customer Success to define the messaging, words and overall UX Copy strategy that we deliver throughout the product from initial definition to launch.
- Interact with customers to understand the various personas that work with our software and their pain points related to managing company spend. Use this knowledge to design and create effective communication for them.
- Plan and execute user testing of your messaging and copy in Airbase apps.
- Contribute to and build on our design system, especially from a copy and messaging perspective.
- At least 3 years of experience in UX-focused software design.
- Post-secondary education, ideally a University degree or College diploma.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience with designing the personality, tone and other aspects of a product's messaging principles.
- Experience with web and mobile application design.
- Understanding of the trade-offs involved in design tools and techniques.
- Attention to detail especially to tiny interaction details that delight users.
- Motivated self-starter who likes a fast-paced work environment with multiple active projects.
- Passionate about joining a small team and building a company.
Nice to haves
- You've worked at a startup.
- Experience with workflow driven B2B SaaS products.
- Experience with accounting terms or Fintech software.
- Experience working with cross-functional and international teams.
- Portfolio of work samples showcasing your writing skills and user experience work.
We offer competitive cash compensation and very attractive equity. We're a remote team and are happy to work with candidates from anywhere in the world.