Are you a proactive Finance leader who knows how to design simple systems, and redesign complex ones? Have you demonstrated an exceptional knack for anticipating problems, rather than just dealing with endless exceptions? Are you brewing with ideas on how to automate away the repetitive accounting drudgery that most Finance organizations do manually? If so, we want you to lead our Finance & Accounting teams.
We're a notoriously high-margin, PE-funded software conglomerate building a revolutionary, world-class Finance operation that enables us to buy 1-2 companies per week. Most private equity runs a decentralized model; our centralized model demands the world's best operational Finance platform. To us, Finance is a pivotal partner, not a back-office support function. In this role, you will learn our secret sauce and refine the recipe.
You will love this job if:
- You're insatiably obsessed with process efficiency
- You get excited about building a better mousetrap
- You're an ops wiz, not an M&A wheeler-dealer
And you'll hate this job if:
- You lead through inspiration, and let the accountants and analysts deal with the details
- You love it when others document your brilliant ideas, rather than writing them down yourself
- You want to run a machine that's already working perfectly
What You Will Be Doing
You’ll primarily be doing two things: reviewing the work units that your teams produce, and making Important Design Decisions (IDDs) about the end-to-end Finance system and its components. Your team will develop two types of documents for your feedback:
- Deep Dives: Thorough investigations into real work that failed our quality bar
- System Improvement Plans: Broader, bolder re-imaginations of how work gets done, based on patterns observed in the deep dives
Each day you will review and Accept/Reject work and provide clear and concise feedback. Based on insights you derive from these reviews, as well as your hands-on engagement in the Finance organization, you will develop and document IDDs -- logically made system decisions that make the Finance operation more automated, efficient and scalable. Our vision is to have central finance systems so advanced that we can acquire one company per week and have the books in a closeable state at any point in time.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Creating PowerPoints about what we should do 3-5 years from now; we want constant iterations, not long-term dreams
- Attending endless meetings
- Doing HR’s job
- Developing big, strategic thoughts with no clear goals in mind, and no consideration for execution
- Making our systems more complicated instead of simpler
Vice President Finance Key Responsibilities
- Design and redesign the Finance systems that your VPs run and improve, using your Finance & Accounting experience and ERP knowledge
- Review Deep Dives and System Improvement Plans
- Develop Important Design Decisions that:
- Solve the most significant problem, or "bottlenecks" of the system, rather than just any problem
- Are supported by insights derived from significant evidence (e.g., multiple related Deep Dives and System Improvement Plans)
- Explain the reasoning behind why the decision was made vs. alternatives considered
- Conclude with an execution plan that identifies who's accountable
- Have end-to-end oversight of your global, remote team of VPs, Finance Managers and individual contributors
- Position the central Finance function to assume the decentralized tasks from the companies we buy
- 10+ years of ERP system expertise
- Senior Finance Leadership experience (VP, Controller, CFO) of a $100M+ USD complex organization
- 15+ years of total experience, with 10+ years as Finance Manager / Controller / Restructuring Advisor / Financial Operator with a track record of increasing responsibility
- Significant US GAAP or IFRS knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and experience directly interacting with senior leaders
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment to achieve clear goals
- 5+ audits as a client or auditor with a Big 4
- Accounting, Finance, Economics, Math/Science degree. Qualified as a CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA or MBA
- A great working knowledge of Oracle NetSuite
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3652-PH-NCRNatio-VicePresidentF.001