Crossover is hiring for multiple Vice President of Engineering positions for our client, Trilogy.
Do you have deep experience in large-scale software development? Can you look at complex software development processes and find ways to simplify? Do you still love the technology, even though you are an executive now?
The most important pillar of our company is software engineering. Most companies engineer software product-by-product, inevitably delivering different quality results for each product. We have built a software engineering platform that delivers the same high-quality standards for every product, with a release every week.
We have over one hundred software products on our platform, and we are acquiring more all the time. This job is all about designing and improving the way we develop software, which naturally improves the quality of every product we make.
You’ll learn how to build a world-leading software development platform in our revolutionary, fully remote work environment. We have built our platform the same way Tesla approaches building cars. As Elon Musk has stated, what really matters is the machine that builds the machine - the platform - which is at least two orders of magnitude harder than the product itself.
Joining us is a great career move! You will literally be helping to build the future of work, to a level of quality that exceeds the global standards you’ll find anywhere else. Apply now to start your long-term career path with us!
What You Will Be Doing
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Deep-Diving into our software development platform, analyzing quality failures and improvement opportunities all the way to the technical root cause. Sometimes you will do your own deep-dive analysis. More often, you will be reviewing the analysis done by less experienced executives, looking for patterns and providing coaching to improve the quality of your team’s work.
- Making important technical decisions that improve the quality of every product in our portfolio. You’ll start with deep analysis of specific product issues, then look for platform-wide opportunities to fix the issue not just once, but permanently and for every product.
Vice President Of Engineering Key Responsibilities
- You will not be doing project management. We create clear roles, structure the work, and leverage automation to eliminate project management overhead.
- You will not be doing HR and administrative management. We have systematized the work activities of every role, so you can focus on the execution of your important decisions. You’ll be amazed at how effectively the Engineering team carries out your direction!
- You will not be overseeing steady-state operations. This is a continuous improvement role. You’ll never stop making the platform better!
- Review and approve deep dive analyses from less experienced executives
- Provide coaching to the executive team, to improve the quality of their analysis
- Make important technical decisions to improve the quality of the entire software development platform
- Technical/quantitative university degree
- Hands-on software development experience… and still super technical
- Executive experience running enterprise software development
- Experience in a shared-services or centralized environment
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today's modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.What’s Next?
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3104-SG-Singapor-VicePresidento4.001