Provide reward specialist support to both Singapore and APAC countries, facilitate the review of country pay / benefits proposals, deployment of ePerformance Management, eCompensation and rollout of other regional initiatives (eg. standardization of policies/procedures).
Support SVP Reward in the design, maintenance and implementation of policies and framework in the areas of Compensation, Benefits, Performance Management, Industrial Relations and Global Mobility for Singapore and rest of APAC.
As a subject matter expert (SME) on these areas, be the ‘go-to’ person for other HR colleagues based on portfolio assigned.
- Support the Performance & Reward agenda in Singapore, specifically:
- Deliver annual reward processes such as market data benchmarking, performance management, compensation review etc.
- Analyze actual statistics and market trends for review and recommendation in terms of Compensation, Benefits and Global Mobility coverage
- Support SVP, Rewards in providing analytics in subject matter areas that will help managers make better people decision
- Collaborate with Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) and Human Resources Shared Services (HRSS) in Singapore to support business needs on the subject matter areas
- Support SVP, Rewards in executing changes where required, educating and guiding HR, business managers and employees through various stages of implementing new policies/processes related to Rewards
- Responsible for vendor management, facilitate and coordinate programme launches, communication and training
- Provide analytical and logistics support to SVP, Rewards on union related matters including negotiation, agreeing and signing off the collective agreements or memorandum of agreement which covers salary ranges, service increments, benefits and work rules.
- Responsible for the development of HR Dashboard templates to be used by HRIS/HRSS to prepare reports to provide insight for HR/Management decision-making.
- Provide APAC support to SVP, Rewards:
- Collaborate with and support country HR stakeholders in the delivery of country HR/regional reward initiatives.
- Assist in reviewing the soundness/competitiveness of existing policies
- Highlight areas of concern in the deployment of new initiatives and policy reviews, assisting to ensure that bank and employee needs are well balanced, while ensuring compliance to global policies, local rules and regulations.
- Support in advocating consistent policies across the region
- Lead the delivery of the annual performance management & job evaluation process for the APAC region.
- Work with SVP, Rewards in the design, implementation and fostering prudent risk culture where compensation framework that is performance linked
- Support SVP, Performance & Reward to drive the pay for performance agenda – enable country HR and Singapore based HR business partners to embrace a high-performance culture through a changed performance management framework supported with the right competencies, in line with SMBC values, and an aligned compensation framework.
- Degree in HR Management
- Good working knowledge of labour regulations in APAC including Singapore.
- At least 7 years relevant experience working in HR/Compensation and Benefits in a multinational company
- Excellent proficiency of Microsoft Office applications
- Results oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally or in writing.
- Good team player who is independent, proactive and innovative
- Work experience in the Banking industry preferred