WE ARE SEEKING
Video Operations Engineer (m/f/d)
Become an important part of our Software-as-a-Service platform team and take responsibility for cloud infrastructure tasks in our modern tech stack.
What we do and why:
The global TV Broadcast and Video Entertainment Market is currently in a phase of fundamental change requiring the development of new ad-driven monetization models. We believe that our solution significantly changes the video ad-business long-term by opening up new distribution platforms into a global, programmatic ad-market.
What we’ve built:
Our Serverside.ai product is a cloud-based software-as-a-service solution offering in the B2B field, that enables dynamic ad insertion and ad substitution for OTT streaming, IP TV and HbbTV operators.
Become a part of our Software-as-a-Service platform team and work together with the product team to reflect all customer needs in the market.
As Video Operation Engineer, you will be an essential part of our very committed and experienced Scrum team and build features from concept to production.
- We offer flexible working hours and up to 100% remote conditions (freelance) with the potential to work from any place in the world.
- You will be using state of the art technologies like Azure, Node.JS, Redis, MongoDB to maintain and extend our micro service-based software system.
- We are constantly improving our ways of cooperation. Your ideas, feedback and suggestions are much appreciated and taken seriously
Working closely with the developers and operations team to increase the stability, scalability, and security of our software system. With your deep knowledge in video technology and development, you support the team in improving our multi cloud Server-Side Ad Insertion platform.
- Be the contact for development team / dev ops for all technical, video related questions
- Bringing in your knowledge as Video Engineer to support the product team finding solutions for customer needs
- Analyzing feature requests from customers. Finding a strategy how to implement this
- Creating high quality requirements for developers including test procedures for quality
- assurance team
- Support the operations team and QA team in all technical and video related questions
- 2nd level support for our b2b customers
- 1st level support if no other 1st level support team member is available
- Try to find the root cause and a fix/mitigation for upcoming customer issues
- Write root cause analysis for all critical incidents or if requested by customer
- Report bugs to the development team and support the development team in finding solutions for the bugs
- Analyze incoming data from the customer (video data, manifests, SCTE markers etc.) for setting up new channels for customers, identify potential issues
- Support operations team in channel setup and analyzing of issues
- Analyze findings of the QA team, check if there was an issue in the testing procedures or if this is a bug to be handled by dev team
- Join operations team meetings
- If possible, support the product development by working on development tickets
- Identify tickets that can be developed. If agreed by dev team work on these tickets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, Python, Bash) or frameworks (e.g. Node.JS, React etc.)
- Comprehensive experience in video streaming technologies
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience with latest video streaming technologies
- Experience with industry standard video and audio formats including video- and audio transcoding and packaging
- Experiance with troubleshooting complex technical issues
- Ability to work flexible and remotely integrated in a multinational team
Optional Bonus Skills
- Experience with video player development
- Worked with different DRM system
- Configuration of CDN systems
- Experience in web technologies as underlying architecture for video streaming