The global TV Broadcast and Video Entertainment Market is currently in a phase of fundamental change requiring the development of new ad-driven capitalization models. We believe that our solution fundamentally changes the video ad-business long-term by opening up new distribution platforms into a global, programmatic open-auction ad-market.
Who we are
- We are a team of experienced specialists driven by a passion to deliver the next level of video monetization.
- We are developing online technologies for Video Monetization and Digital Media Supply Chain Management.
- We connect premium content producers and distributors with broadcasters, telecommunication companies, cable network providers, video platforms and disruptive NewTV apps.
- We enable the Hollywood studios to optimize and distribute their latest movie blockbusters and monetize their vast back catalogs. We provide the same capabilities to new, innovative studios, TV / Series producers and new TV studios that are leading in their audience and niche.
- With our product, the barrier to participate in the premium digital content market as either a content producer or a content provider is now lower than ever. Thanks to cloud and internet technologies, no investment in encoding hardware and streaming farms are necessary anymore.
- Our clients are globally: America, Asia, Europe. our technology stack is cloud-based and deployable into every region.
- Our serverside.ai product is a cloud-based software-as-a-service solution offering in the B2B field, that enables dynamic server-side ad insertion and pop-up channel creation for OTT and IP TV operators.
- Our offices in Germany (Halle (Saale) and Berlin) are located centrally with direct connection to public transports.
Joining us will put you in the driver’s seat to enable our clients to provide stable and reliable online-streams and VoD media libraries. Together with our engineering team you will improve our Software-as-a-Service platform and solve some hairy problems our customers are facing.
- As Video Engineer you will be responsible for supporting our clients in setting up HLS and DASH live and on demand streams and help them to customize the solution to their needs.
- You will be working in a small but very committed and experienced team with great team spirit.
- We have flexible working hours with the onsite or remote work.
- You will be using state of the art technologies like HLS, DASH, Low Latency Streaming, Header Bidding, Current Video Codecs, Cloud/ Edge Computing and more.
- As an employer, we support your participation in industrial events, workshops and advanced trainings.
- We are an on site and remote-working team with offices in Germany. We always strive to constantly improve our ways of working together. Ideas, feedback and suggestions are welcome and taken seriously.
- Working closely with our clients to identify potential roadblocks and strive to improve the experience of the viewers.
- With your deep knowledge in OTT video streaming technologies, you support the development team in improving and stabilizing our Server-Side Ad Insertion platform.
- Be a contact point for the support team to analyze technical support requests.
- Work together with our team on research projects and tackle the challenging aspects of tomorrows online-video solutions.
- Support the team in improving our monitoring tooling and the database of test-streams and files.
- At least 4 years of experience with Information Technology
- 2+ years of experience in working with IP-TV, OTT streaming or Digital Media technologies like MPEG-TS, HLS or DASH
- Knowledge in A/V hardware and software like setting up video-streaming, operating playout systems, and stream distribution via CDN (e.g., Akamai, Azure Edge)
- Experience in advance video and audio encoding configuration with professional and open-source tools
- Skilled in video and audio codecs, packaging formats and data transfer of A/V content as well as in DRM topics
- Experience in Tier I and II troubleshooting of video-streaming related issues
- Fluent English language skills both written and verbal
Optional bonus skills:
- Educated in cloud computing (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Experience in OTT DRM integration like PlayReady, Fairplay, Widevine, CENC
- Experience to Cable/Telecom domain
- German language skills