An exciting role - Vietnam Account Manager has become available at an industry leader in supplying inputs (flower seed) to horticultural producers around the world. Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Manager - Southeast Asia, this is a role for young talents who are passionate about horticulture business.
About the Vietnam Account Manager Role:
Due to rapid growth in the market, we are looking to add a Vietnam Account Manager to the team. The Vietnam Account Manager will serve as Ball Horticultural company's point person for all business endeavours in the sales territory. The primary job function is to facilitate and grow business with existing customers for the Ball Horticultural company group, under the PanAmerican Seed, Kieft Seed and Ball Floraplant product brands. This is a remote working position that requires moderate amount of time in the field. The candidate should already live in and be familiar with Ho Chi Minh City or Dalat.
This role offers competitive salary depending on work experience, performance bonus, expense account, travel and health insurance and company laptop and phone.
- Account Management
- Develop a solid and trusting relationship between key customers and company
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key customers' needs and requirements and meet those needs and requirements according to proposed timelines
- Serve as the link of communication between key customer and internal teams
- Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and deal with complaints to maintain trust
- Prepare and present reports such as sales reviews, account progress, project proposals and other presentations as required for customers or by management
- Sales and Marketing
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategy for key accounts
- Identify new opportunities for products, promotions, campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Communicate and provide support on technical information, new products and marketing programs to distributors, their agents, and growers
- Establish sales forecast for territory
- Market Research and Business Development
- Conduct New Variety and/or research trials with relevant stakeholders in the territory
- Follow up on trial evaluations and communicate market needs and opportunities to Marketing and R&D teams
- Visit competitor's trials, collect and analyse competitive intelligence
- Represent the company at industry exhibitions, events and tradeshows and follow up on leads
- Maintain rapport with relevant grower associations, agricultural co-operatives, government, and academic sectors
- Other/ Administrative
- Regular international travel for training and knowledge development. (3-4 trips/ year)
- Prepare and manage expense budget
- Occasionally contact and work with Vietnamese government agencies, such as PPD, MARD to facilitate regulatory and trade compliance
To succeed in this role, you are required to be hands-on with strong interpersonal skills. You will also be required to spend the first 6 months training at research facility in Chiangmai, Thailand.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with people from different cultures and of different organisational levels
- Able to multitask, prioritise, and manage time efficiently
- Keen problem solver with proven results in providing solutions based on customer needs and meeting sales goals
- Willingness and ability to travel, work out of office and work during weekends or holidays as required
- Bachelor's Degree (horticulture, agriculture, business or marketing preferred)
- 3- 5 years' experience in horticulture, agriculture, or similar sales function
- Fluent command of Vietnamese and English
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit
- Culture fit
- Love of plants and flowers
- Service-oriented, ready to go the extra mile for customers and team
- Open and accepting of people across diverse cultures and backgrounds
With a network of over 20 companies and partners on six continents, this company's mission is to be the world leader in the research, breeding, production, and marketing of ornamental crops.
If you are self-driven, willing to travel and work out of office, this is a great opportunity for you.
Apply today for this exciting role.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.