Telenor Myanmar is here to empower societies through connectivity. As part of Telenor Group, a mobile operator group focused on the Nordics and Asia, Telenor Myanmar is committed to lead Myanmar’s data evolution. Having brought mobile connectivity for all in Myanmar since 2014, we are serving more than 17 million customers across the country, bringing the best data experience to a footprint covering more than 92% of the population. Our winning team of highly competent and motivated employees are here to provide our customers with the power of digital communication, enabling them to improve their lives, build societies and secure a better future for all.
Digitalization and connectivity will be fundamental tools for Myanmar’s post-pandemic economic recovery. 2020 proved that digitalization can happen broadly and rapidly, now we need to make it inclusive and sustainable. Telenor Myanmar is moving digital-first into the future and seeks the best minds in Myanmar to help fuel this evolution.
VP, Corporate Strategy & Projects
Telenor Myanmar seeks a Vice President for Corporate Strategy & Projects to strengthen its Corporate Strategy team and support strategy execution across the organization.
Lead strategic cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders across the organization from planning to implementation. Coordinate and support the annual Corporate Strategy process, as well as following up on execution and reporting. Support teams on business analysis, market/industry intelligence and financial modeling for strategy and business development purposes.
The role will report to the Head of Corporate Strategy & Communications and belong to the CEO Office which includes functions such as Corporate Strategy, Communications, PMO, Internal Audit and Ethics & Compliance.
- Plan and coordinate strategy process: Be the main coordinator of the annual Corporate Strategy process, including top management involvement and engagement with Telenor’s Asia Hub and Group Strategy teams.
- Stay on top of industry and market developments: Keep an ear to the ground to monitor digital and telecoms industry trends globally and in the region, as well as Myanmar’s role and development in the ongoing data evolution.
- Support analysis and financial modeling: Work with the team and the organization’s experts to perform qualitative and quantitative data analysis, synthesize results and communicate understandable and actionable recommendations.
- Manage projects of strategic importance: Be prepared to follow-up and take lead on cross-functional projects of strategic importance to the company.
- Help build capacity and automate: Support monitoring of strategy execution and help automate, simplify and digitalize these processes.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally: Deploying modern project management techniques, agile methods and communication skills to add value and enthusiasm to teams across the organization.
- Drive engagement: Support strategy communication and engagement activities.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s degree within Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or other relevant area preferred. Experience may compensate for lack of formal education.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of professional experience, consulting experience an advantage.
- Certification in Project Management will be an added advantage; and exposure to business strategy/transformation is preferred.
- Good communication, presentation & negotiation skills, excellent command of English both oral and written strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities, especially complex, ambiguous problems requiring integrated application of skills (e. g., finance, marketing, strategy, operations).
- Care for Telenor’s purpose of empowering societies through connectivity, and subscribe to the organization’s behaviors: Always Explore, Create Together, Keep Promises and Be Respectful.
Language requirement: Myanmar, English
Telenor Myanmar offers a compensation package with a highly competitive base salary, a performance bonus, relevant allowances, and inclusion in Telenor’s insurance programs for employees.
Since Telenor encourages lifelong continuous learning, as an employee of Telenor you will have access to a vast online learning library to your disposal to develop your competence. As part of a global company, you will learn from global industry experts as well as senior local managers.
Telenor’s head office which is located at Sule Square in the heart of Yangon is assembled on flexible and activity-based workplace environment promoting agility and innovation. Telenor Myanmar workspace includes open areas, library, cafeteria, modern meeting rooms, hot desks, agile zones, play/game room and one of the best views of the city.
We believe in a healthy and safe work environment and offer flexible working hours and access to ferry transportation to and from the office.