We are looking for a dedicated and driven VP of Sales APAC to join our organization. If you are a ‘builder’ that has experience being first boots on the ground for a data or analytics company, this is an opportunity you do not want to miss. The ideal candidate is well connected in APAC and based in Singapore or Australia. Ramping up a new region is not new to you and you understand the hands-on nature for the first 12 months or so, bringing on board the first customers while also scaling out the team.
To be successful as a VP of sales, you should have excellent leadership skills and the ability to build out a region quickly and sustainably. Ultimately, a top-notch VP of sales should have an in-depth knowledge of the data warehouse and analytics market and have excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Defining a multi-year business plan for the region
- Hiring a core team of 3-5 people and build a customer base
- Recruiting and hiring sales staff and developing training programs
- Manage sales teams and maintain sales operations
- Setting quarterly and annual sales goals and motivating the sales teams to achieve their goals
- Monitoring the market and competitor products and activities and providing detailed sales forecasting
- Reviewing customer activity, anticipating consumer needs, and improving customer satisfaction
- Establishing and maintaining key customer relationships
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field
- Master's degree in a business-related field may be advantageous
- Minimum of four years' experience in a sales leadership position
- Minimum of six years' experience working in a selling role and with sales technology and CRM software
- Minimum of two years' experience in a senior (C-level) leadership role may be advantageous
- In-depth knowledge of selling strategies and methods, as well as employee motivation techniques
- Strong working knowledge of the company's products, competitive products, and the market
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Great strategic planning, organizational, and creative thinking skills
Exasol is one of the most exciting software companies in Europe and a global technology leader in the Big Data and Analytics market. Our high-performance, cloud-first analytics database gives companies the power to transform how their organization works with data – and turn it into value faster, easier and more cost effectively than ever before.
With an ambitious international team, we help companies of all sizes achieve their goals with data support. Our team is characterized by inventiveness, enthusiasm and curiosity. In order to continue our worldwide expansion, we are looking for employees who want to make a difference and actively shape our dynamic growth.