The Warehouse Operations Manager manages the day-to-day warehouse operations and management of warehouse staff and Warehouse Management System (WMS)
In addition, the Warehouse Operations Manager (WOM) will work closely with the Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) in the planning, development and day to day operations of the warehouse facility and ensuring all H&S and SOPs are implemented and met.
The WOM will also take an active role in the development of a in-house Warehouse Management System (KWMS).
The WOM will be a driven individual, team player with an enthusiasm for working in an warehouse environment in a role that requires leadership, excellent operational skills and a sound knowledge of warehouse processes and functions.
Reporting directly to the Chief Business Officer (CBO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Duties and Responsibilities
The work and role of the Warehouse Operations Manager includes but is not limited to the following:
- Fully involved with the set-up and implementation of the Client's warehouse service
- Manage daily operations to meet client SOPs and to comply with company policies and procedures.
- Manage operations including warehouse processes, equipment procurement and to oversee general day to day operations
- Manage the warehouse facility for inbound and outbound functions e.g CFS service
- Take an active role in the development of a Client's warehouse management system
- Maintain accuracy of data entry for WMS including all stock transactions i.e. receiving, put-away, picking, packing, dispatch, cycle count and stock takes
- Ensure all procedures are properly documented, understood and all employees are fully trained
- Prepare records and monitor documents and ensure all customer and the client's internal reporting requirements are met
- Train and ensure the warehouse operations team correct and prevent any issues in warehouse operational processes
- Ensure all SOPs and H&S standards are met and reviewed on a regular basis
- Ensure all staff behave according to the client's rules & regulations and act in a manner to uphold the client's employee code of conduct at all times
- Provide customer support and real time problem solving where necessary
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in all warehouse-controlled areas.
- Develop and expand warehouse operations team in line with company strategy and budgets
- Train and develop warehouse operatives to reach the highest level and potential by passing and sharing on knowledge and experience.
- Work directly and closely across multiple departments to achieve desired results through alignment and good communication with the operations, business development and finance teams
- Work closely with CBO, COO and QAM to develop the client's warehouse services in line with overall company strategy and growth plans
Education and Experience
- 4+ years' working experience in logistics, supply chain and warehouse fields
- 2+ years’ management experience in warehousing and distribution operations.
- Warehouse qualification preferred
- Logistics and supply chain qualifications an advantage
Skills and Requirements
- Thorough understanding of all functions of warehouse processes and operations
- Able to meet strict deadlines.
- Good reporting skills
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proactive and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to motivate and lead a warehouse team to achieve desired results.
- Excellent time management and calendar planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- High level of compentcey in Excel and other relevant applications
- Proficiency in English
- Proven WMS or SAP system skills