Duty Station: Sittwe Office, Rakhine State
Report to: Project Manager- Livelihoods
Overall purpose of the role:
- Manage the WASH COVID19 emergency response daily activities and ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and
- The position is responsible for Production of BoQs, of WASH infrastructures Designs, supervision of all construction and rehabilitation activities in Sittwee and elsewhere in Rakhine state if need be - including water supply systems, sanitation facilities and other related infrastructures.
- Ensure community involvement at all phases of the project and the development of community ownership of the project.
- Supervise and be responsible for all the technical aspect for project implementation, make sure that contractors complete project work in a timely, efficient and accurate manner with respect to standard engineering.
- Follow up of all WASH activities is done on a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and
- other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s
- WASH activities
- Coordinate the field team to engage the community during implementation of WASH activities
- including installation, repair and maintenance of water points, monitoring of water quality,
- hygiene item distribution, hygiene information disseminations, construction of latrines and
promotion of community centered WASH intervention.
Geographic scope: Area (Rakhine)
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
Programming & Operations
- Ensure the set-up and maintenance of databases for incentive workers, camp and village-based activities, water quality tests and donated equipment for COVID19 Response
- Ensure that WASH activities are accurately documented and reported to the line manager
- Develop and supervise the execution of work plans for the WASH team
- Provide training on data collection to WASH assistants and camp-based incentive workers
- Provide capacity building for camp-based incentive workers and WASH assistants
- Assess WASH team and incentive worker capacities and provide feedback to them on a regular basis
- Manage team dynamics within the WASH team and among camp-based incentive workers
- Serve as a focal point for communications with other DRC programmes on WASH COVID19 ER and other NGOs especially at field level.
Coordination and representation
- Represent DRC at in field level meetings with other organization on WASH COVID19 Response, and other relevant platforms.
- Conduct meetings with Field level WASH staff for planning and monitoring of activities
- Ensure integration with other DRC sectors
- Communicate timely with Line Manager, on WASH activities plans and required budgets based on the needs.
- Supervise the Field team to ensure WASH projects tools are used effectively and adequately, undertake consultations and meetings with the community to understand WASH tools necessary for engaging the community to fully participate in WASH programming.
- Supervise implementation of WASH activities and share reports on timely manner.
- Monitor and evaluate progress of WASH indicators and share information on status on weekly bases in coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation staff.
- Initiate procurement of WASH items and ensure best practices in the use of WASH consumables and tools
- Support the WASH Team Leader and WASH and Infrastructure Manager on monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets
- Participate in planning of WASH team movements in accordance with WASH priorities.
- Prepare weekly movement schedule in coordination with other WASH staff.
- Liaise with Logistics and Supply to ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner
*Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by the WASH team leader and the Manager and Infrastructure Manager.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 2 year of relevant work experience.
- WASH knowledge in the following areas: water quality testing, menstrual hygiene management, water-related disease transmission, and water treatment and storage
- Must have a strong track record of project documentation and managing large quantities of Data
- Experience with psychosocial support, gender and culturally sensitive activities, nonviolent communication and arts-based methods of community engagement is an asset
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience with following standard procedures and guidelines
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Diploma or equivalent professional qualification
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
- Starting date of employment: (As soon as possible).
- Salary: Competitive salary according to DRC Myanmar salary scale.
This position is open for Myanmar Nationals only. DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment. Women are also encouraged to apply.
Applicants who meet the above-mentioned requirements should apply by submitting their applications in English (consisting of Cover Letter and CV of no more than 4 pages, including contact details of 3 professional references) and CV only applications will not be considered. Apply button.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a written test in English and a face to face interview.
- After the closing date, applications are not to be considered. Please note that due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis and DRC reserves the right to initiate the recruitment process before the deadline for application.
Deadline for submission of applications: 22-July-2020