About Avion School
Avion School is an online school that teaches Filipinos to become remote software engineers globally. It is our mission to provide opportunities for untapped potential in the Philippines by providing students with a new way of getting a Computer Science education. We believe in what we do so much that we don’t charge our students unless they get a job.
About The Role
Web Development Instructors are our direct communication with our students. In this position, you will be teaching students the curriculum, and helping them build real-world projects! Being at the frontline, we are keen on hiring instructors who are able to challenge and ensure students are able to learn everything they will need to start a new career. To do this, you will be working on sharing course material, code-alongs, and coding challenges. You will be working with students individually and in groups to help them with debugging and technical problem-solving.
- Teach course curriculum through lessons, code-alongs and coding challenges.
- Work with students individually and in groups to build software projects.
- Collaborate with other instructors to improve on curriculum and specific classes.
- Report direct to Management the status of the batch and student performance.
- Ensure students are more than capable to get hired after Avion!
What you'll need
- You are collaborative, engaging and a great technical problem solver.
- Strong understanding of HTML & CSS features and usage.
- Strong CS fundamentals: Object Oriented Programming, Data Structures, Algorithms.
- Strong understanding of backend frameworks like Ruby on Rails.
- Have 3+ years in the tech industry or as a Software Engineer.
- Knowledge using advanced code editors (VS Code) and text editor (Sublime Text)
- Comfortable using Git, GitHub, Google Suite and Zoom.
Benefits of life @ Avion School
- We're 100% remote! Amazing work can be done at home, or in the beach.
- Be part of a founding team disrupting education in Southeast Asia starting with the Philippines.
- Product-driven and customer-focused team culture!
- Startup funded by Y Combinator, the founder of Tinder, and investors of SpaceX, BREX and Lyft.
- Competitive compensation packages (salary)