Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling, and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Thumbtack Philippines provides customer support, marketplace trust and safety operations, product support, and various knowledge and shared services support for our internal teams globally. If joining one of Silicon Valley’s top tech startup companies and being part of a world-class team in Manila sounds like a good career move for you, then come check out this job role we’re hiring for.
About the Workplace Experience Team
The mandate of the Workplace Experience (WPX) team is to develop and implement the strategic use of physical workspaces to drive productivity along with community and engagement for employees. The scope of work for this team includes developing a global real estate strategy that reinforces our future of work strategy, operating facilities and office equipment, facilitating the pickup/delivery of physical equipment in partnership with IT, workplace safety (remote and in-office), and return-to-office planning and operations.
About the Role
You are a values-driven manager with a strong customer service-first mindset, ensuring our physical/remote work environments help us attract, support and keep the best talent in the industry. You are a leader that will drive continuous improvement in the operational efficiency and processes remotely and across our offices, constantly finding ways to improve the overall employee experience.
- Prioritize projects and tasks of the team, including but not limited to, facility improvement projects, day-to-day tasks, special projects, community events, and safety and security
- Demonstrate strong judgment in decision making, and keep the Sr. Manager of Workplace aware of the progress of all site-specific operations
- Strong ability to document processes and procedures
- Manage office budgets, planning, requests, and invoice review
- Oversee and manage all office-related services including lease compliance, food and beverage, office equipment, moves adds and changes, space planning, supplies, janitorial, repairs and preventative maintenance
- Mentor and coach team members to further develop competencies
- Lead by example and model behaviors that are consistent with the company's values
- Partner with global peers and other departments within the company to ensure consistency of service
- Act as a consultant, facilitator, and collaborator on office build-outs, upgrades, and lease negotiations
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years office management experience
- 3+ years experience of leading a team
- Proven project management experience and skills with a strong commitment to achieving a high level of customer service
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Quick learner that is resourceful and proactive
- Have experience or background in real estate/office lease management
- Knowledgeable or have a background in Occupational Safety and Health standards as mandated by DOLE
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.