Requisition ID: req26814
Job Title: WPE Training Manager
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Yangon, Myanmar
Together with the WPE Roving Technical Specialist, the WPE Training Manager will be responsible for supporting and implementing of WPE trainings to both IRC internal and external actors. The WPE Training Manager is responsible for developing and modifying existing training curriculum based on the context, and developing new training curriculum as required. The WPE Training Manager will also be supporting in developing IEC materials in coordination with relevant WPE teams and external consultant.
This position will be base in Yangon office, with frequent travel to program locations including but not limited to Northern Shan, Rakhine, Kachin and Kayah. This position reports to WPE Roving Specialist.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Identify training needs and gaps within IRC WPE team and develop plans to raise the technical and program implementation capacity.
- Oversee and deliver WPE trainings to IRC WPE teams across program locations in Myanmar.
- Oversee and deliver WPE trainings to external actors, including partner organizations, CSOs and NGOs.
- Maintain up to date training materials, including curriculums and tools. Adapt trainings and materials as needed to fit the local context.
- Prepare facilitation outlines and support trainers (internal and external) as needed in support of identified capacity building activities.
- Support the development of technical materials to support quality programming (e.g. factsheet, manuals, guidelines, IEC).
- Support field teams to conduct and document assessments.
- Review the reports and other internal reports as required by WPE Coordinator or as appropriate under the circumstances.
- Reinforce adherence to the GBV guiding principles and other international standards to ensure.
- quality of design and implementation of all WPE activities.
Staff Supervision & Development
- Maintain a staff roster of trainers for IRC Technical training after TOT trainings and support their training capacity.
- Support the recruitment of staff in coordination with the WPE Coordinator, human resources and others as applicable/requested.
- With support of WPE Deputy Coordinator and when needed, build capacity and skills around program management, grants, management, spending plans, work plans, coordination and staff supervision.
- Develop and implement WPE staff technical and operational capacity plans through training, coaching and close supervision.
- Mentor and support staff professional development and foster a positive team spirit to encourage innovative and quality programming.
- Provide guidance and technical support to teams through regular field monitoring visits.
- Work with other IRC departments to develop training and capacity building plans and support their.
- implementation through training and coaching to ensure strong institutional capacity and knowledge on GBV .
Coordination and Representation
- Coordinate with IRC Health teams and the other department lead in specifically regarding awareness raising and training needs.
- Coordinate with IRC WPE teams and relevant partners (GBV Sub Cluster and Protection Cluster) to identify potential training needs of external partners and actors.
- Liaise regularly and work closely with program, operations and finance staff to coordinate activity planning.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders including partner organizations.
- As requested, regularly attend GBV National sub-cluster meetings as well as other cluster meetings as appropriate.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with IRC Operational policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Social Science, Public Health, Humanities or other related field
- At least 3 to 5 years of professional experience in NGOs and strong experience facilitating trainings, workshops and mentoring others
- Strong GBV technical knowledge and experience implementing service delivery in Myanmar
- Strong ability to organize work, coordinate multiple tasks, meet deadlines, work in a professional environment, work under pressure, and work within a multi-cultural team
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders including partner organizations
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Ability to work with culturally diverse national and international staff
- Willingness to participate and contribute as a team member, under challenging working and living conditions
- Strong written and spoken English
- Strong report writing skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Good understanding of humanitarian principles of humanity and neutrality
- Ability to work and travel in remote areas
- Demonstrating trustworthiness and upholding the highest ethical standards
- Strong ability to organize work, coordinate multiple tasks, work under pressure, and work within a multi‐cultural team
Myanmar nationals with relevant skills sets and proven experience of working at international level are strongly encouraged.