The TOP Business Unit is a community –led network of health service centers providing the full HIV prevention, care and treatment cascade for key populations throughout Myanmar, targeting vulnerable communities of men who have sex with men(MSM) , female sex workers (FSW) and transgender populations (TG) and people who inject drugs(PWID).
The National Director is expected to be visionary leader who develops and leads a diverse, high performing and results-oriented team to deliver on extremely demanding goals that meet the needs of the National AIDS Programme, a range of donors and most importantly of the vulnerable communities we serve.
Reporting to the TOP Business Unit Board chaired by the Deputy Country Director, this position will perform the following duties:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Deputy Country Director, this position will perform the following duties:
• Develop and lead the implementation of TOP’s Strategic Annual Operating Plan
• Develop new intervention strategies targeting key populations using physical and social media channels, working closely with the HIV technical adviser at PSI
• Provide technical support according to program objectives and ensure compliance with TOP and PSI/Myanmar policies and international standards
• Provide technical inputs in all aspects of program implementation – clinical services, research, M&E and MIS, communications, procurement (forecasting and quantification), training, field operations and other technical activities related to TOP, proactively disseminate technical updates/information to TOP program and respond to specific technical requests
• Function as technical lead and focal point for development and growth of high quality TOP programming through integration, expansion and growth of existing programs.
• Manage, support and supervise the overall planning and implementation of TOP in Myanmar
• Develop an annual work plan to monitor and track all donor deliverables on an annual basis, ensuring compliance with donor contracts.
• Grow DALYS averted largely through identifying new programs, ensuring ongoing program performance and raising money for programs.
• Develop and implement results driven professional development plans for all TOP staff including peers as well as TOP senior staffs including: establishing and monitoring progress towards defined individual performance goals, organization specific learning opportunities such as exchange visit with clear learning objectives and formal feedback sessions to review lessons learned
• Along with HIV Technical Director and/or other SMT members, represent TOP in Government Committees, Technical Working Groups, Technical Support Groups, other national coordination mechanisms and national/international conferences and forums
• Act as Focal Point for communications to and from TOP including requests for information from government, donors and other partners in the health area.
• Act as Focal Point for donor visits, conferences, international meetings held locally, with support from other PSI departments.
• Monitor expenditures monthly in the health area budget ensuring that they are in compliance with donor contracts.
• Review quarterly burn rate reports and discuss issues with team members and with other Departments as needed.
• Review annual TOP Expenditure Analysis and cost efficiency of the program.
• Prepare re-alignment requests and submit to Finance Department.
• Required to know and understand all PSI and donor provisions for projects in the health area including restrictions by government or donor that will affect program implementation.
• Disseminate donor provisions/restrictions and any changes to the Operations departments at least at every major change and at contract signature.
• Comply with donor and government restrictions and address any issues in program implementation that may impinge on those restrictions.
New Business Development
• Coordinate DCD/CD and other PSI representation in donor visits, meetings and other activities with potential donors.
• Draft proposals and budgets, as part of a wider team, to seek new contracts.
• Alert DCD/CD and/or respective Department head of any donor-related risks that may affect TOP/PSI Myanmar’s program, financial security and overall image.
• Lead strategy meetings with the DCD/CD and make judgment calls on what can and cannot be done relative to other stakeholders to address said problems.
Supply Chain Management
• Prepare procurement plan/forecast using quantification tools.
• Review quarterly stock and pipeline reports and address any issues.
• Ensure a high quality reporting and data analysis system
• Oversee the preparation of high quality donor reports and authorize and submit reports as per contractual requirements; liaise and respond to donor queries in a timely and responsive manner.
• Monitor and manage all contractual obligations and relationships, including subcontracts, to ensure donor compliance.
• Exceptional leadership and management skills coupled with a quizzical mind
• Experience in strategic planning and developing and executing annual work plans and marketing plans
• Experience working for a health-related organization/company
• International education and/or work experience highly desirable
• Must be able to critically analyze business problems and proffer innovative solutions to these issues