• Provides support to students in the language lab and assist English teachers
• Supervise students in the language lab.
• Work with the lead teacher to monitor the class schedule.
• Assist teachers with lesson preparation by getting materials ready and setting up equipment.
• Revise lesson material with students individually or in small groups.
• Check the classroom environment is safe and clean.
• Oversee students during non-classroom times including in-between classes, during lunch, and on field excursions.
• Collaborate with lead teachers to recognize issues students are facing and recommend solutions.
• Document student progress and communicate with parents to keep them informed.
• Help lead teachers to create lesson plans.
• Comply with classroom rules and regulations.
• Attend all training classes, parent conferences, and faculty meetings.
• Bachelor degree.
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience as a teaching assistant or similar role.
• Solid understanding of classroom activities and teaching best practices.
• Must have a compassionate and positive attitude.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Outstanding interpersonal and presentation abilities.
• Customer service skills.
• Tutoring experience.
• Good command of English
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email.
• Participate in development and training that can enhance competencies.
• Follow SUM dress code.
What We Can Offer
- Rewards for over performance
- International standard
- Training provided
- Learn new Skills on the job
- Promotion opportunities
- Management potential
About Our Company
Speak Up uses a management system which allows every single student to have his/her own learning schedule. They can book any classes that suit their free time and cancel it when busy and receive a make-up later. This means for busy working adults they will not miss any lessons which affect the training quality. Also they can learn English at anytime, anywhere all over the world as long as there is internet connection for multimedia lessons (MML).
And because the MML helps students gain more knowledge about the language/structure/pronunciation etc. they have more chance to practice English in teacher led classes. “Practice makes perfect”. That’s why Speak Up students have been very happy with the method for over the past 15 years and makes this unique method become the most successful in Europe. We will have 50-50 foreign - Myanmar teachers: the higher level the more ratio of foreign teacher will be allocated. Moreover, there is a quite good sales and marketing process having been developed for over 15 years and finally we are trained to do it.
More jobs from this employer