Position Title : Field Officer
No. of Post : (3) Posts
Report to : Programme Manager
Department : Disaster Management Department
Project : Enhancing Emergency Response Capacities and Disaster Preparedness
of Urban Communities Project
Duty Station : Dagon East/ Dagon Seikkan/ Kayan in Yangon Region
Grade : D1
Benefits Packages : Salary + Insurance + Training + Travelling Allowances + Casual Leave + Quarantine Leave + Annual Leave + Medical Certificate Leave +
Maternity Leave + Substituted Leave
Application Deadline : (23/ 01/2020), 16:30
Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) is
volunteer based humanitarian organization throughout the whole country acting with and for the most vulnerable at all times. Benefit Package consists of Paid Medical, Annual, Casual Leave, Insurance, On-Duty for Training, Provide Accommodation Allowance & Hardship Allowance for specific area, Training and Development Opportunities, Promotion and Management Development.
“Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS)” is going to start a project called “Enhancing emergency response capacities and disaster preparedness of urban communities in Yangon, Myanmar” with the support of German Red Cross (GRC). The project aims to enhance emergency preparedness and reinforce de-centralised response capacities of Red Cross Branches of Yangon in six selected townships: Thanlyin, Kayan, East Dagon, South Dagon and Dagon (Seikkan), as well as Hlaingtharya.
Purpose of the Position:
The ‘Field Officer’ under direct supervision of ‘Program Manager’ will be responsible for day to day implementation and monitoring of the project activities in the field. Field Officer will be a highly motivated and proactive individual, who is able to work both independently as a team member and under supervision as well as showing flexibility with Red Cross Branches in meeting the various tasks required by this position at the MRCS Township Level.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Field Officers’ responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
1. Prepare township level risk profile based on secondary data (related to hazards, health and others).
2. Facilitate Township Red Cross Branch and local authority to identify vulnerable communities and school to implement project activities.
3. Facilitate Township Red Cross Branch to recruit Community/ School Focal Person for each targeted community and school.
4. Advocacy and liaise with key stakeholders (Government, INGOs, and Local NGOs) as well as with Township Red Cross Committee Members and Red Cross Brigade Officer to support school and communities in implementing project activities.
5. Facilitate and assist to Community and School Focal Persons and Red Cross Volunteers in planning and implementing DRR activities in the targeted schools and communities such as;
o Carrying out Vulnerability and Capacity Assessments
o Develop Disaster preparedness and response planning
o Establish of Disaster preparedness and evaluation plans
o Set up Community based Early Warning System
o Developing Households Level Disaster Preparedness (DP) Planning
o Setting up of Disaster Response Teams and Early Warning System at the branches
6. Plan and implement program activities in line with program work plan and logical framework of the program.
7. Provide robust technical support to field assistant, community/school focal person and volunteers in developing and implementing awareness raising as well as behaviour change communication activities for promoting DRR- culture of safety and resilience in the targeted communities and school.
8. Supervise and provide hands on guidance and support to Field Assistant during day to day program implementing.
9. Support to community Disaster Management Boards, SDMC and volunteers in executing disaster response simulation exercise in the targeted schools and communities in coordination and consultation with key stakeholders.
10. Strengthen disaster preparedness and response capacity of MRCS’ targeted branches
11. Ensure that project implementation in line with MRCS’ strategy, policies and the principles of Red Cross Code of Conduct.
12. Base in the project township and conduct regular visit to schools and community in order to ensure quality, coherence and effectiveness of project activities.
13. Support the program Coordinator and 2 IC to organize coordination meeting at Township level.
II. Coordination and Reporting
14. Facilitate to get decentralize and strengthen to Red Cross Branches.
15. Prepare reports i.e. monthly, quarterly and key activities reports and share with Program Coordinator through M&R Officer on/or before agreed deadlines.
16. Coordinate with VDMC/SDMC and 2IC for preparation of monthly and quarterly plan of the program implementation and share to Program Coordinator through M&R Officer before agreed deadline.
17. Coordinate for the organization of coordination meeting and workshops (weekly meetings, quarterly meeting, trainings, etc.)
18. Work together with MRCS Red Cross Branches and decentralized to trained Red Cross Volunteers.
III. Financial Management
19. Prepare cash forecast and working advance request based on plan of action (monthly and quarterly) with Red Cross Branches and share to Admin Officer for compilation before agreed deadlines.
20. Prepare financial settlement in line with MRCS financial regulation and get approval for the financial expenditure used by field office.
21. Ensure that Program Manager is fully informed on operation matters in the field.
22. Work towards the achievement of overall goals of MRCS.
23. Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships and accountabilities.
24. Perform other work-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
25. Perform other work-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
26. Understand and practice the Principles of the Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement.
27. Establish effective working relationships with peers and MRCS Township Branches.
Skills, Competency and Requirements
• Must be a Myanmar National
• Age Under 50 years old
• University Degree and Diploma related to the position is preferable
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in School Based Programs (School Based Disaster Risk Reduction or Disaster Recovery)
• Good understanding of Myanmar DRR contexts
• Community based program experience is desired
• Strong writing skills and capacity to present clear and concise summary of activities
• Strong organization, leadership skills and excellent interpersonal relationship
• Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines and adhere to program schedule
• Working in times under tight deadlines is preferable
• Ability to travel anywhere at short notice
• Interest in learning about the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
• Effective English language skill
• Effective Computer Knowledge Skill (Microsoft Office Package)
**Note: Applicants will be considered to be shortlisted that need to send application letter, CV, passport-size photo, education qualifications and references (PDF Version) to:
Head Office: Branch Office:
Myanmar Red Cross Society Myanmar Red Cross Society
Razathingaha Road, Dekhinathiri, No. 42, Red Cross Building, StrandRoad,
Nay Pyi Taw. Botahtaung Township, Yangon. (or)
Email: [email protected]
For more information and application, please visit to the www.redcross.org.mm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a personal interview.