Purpose of the Role
Information Coordinator (IC) is responsible for research and dissemination of training opportunities, safety information and accessing essential pre-departure and post-arrival information to inform internal migrants decision-making around seeking training and safe/decent employment.
Working in close cooperation with the Marketing Officer, this position will play a key role in linking training providers with organisations seeking training opportunities for beneficiaries.
IC is expected to maintain information on training services and safe migration ensuring that it is available for both internal migrants, training providers and service providers.
This position is to manage relationships with development partners, training providers, Civil Society Organisations (CSO) and government departments in order to inform new training content that focuses on increasing protection for migrant women in urban centers.
The role has extensive travel to migrant source areas in Ayeyarwaddy, Rakhine, central and other parts of Myanmar.
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT AND COORDINATION
• Explore and coordinate the activities of Development Partners, the CSOs and others;
• Explore trainings provided by Government, NGOs, Development Partners and Private Sector;
• Explore places and organisations to disseminate information including: community centers; Sunday Cafes; hostels; industrial zone management offices; and the Ministry of Labour, Immigration and Population (MoLIP) Labour Exchange Offices;
• Explore other streams of information which are being disseminated to migrants by various initiatives including LIFT-supported initiatives;
• Develop an information platform to link training providers, migrants and the CSOs.
• Support the development of a practical pre departure handbook and training for migration hubs: Yangon, Pathein, Mandalay and Bago including travel and accommodation details, services, training and employment;
• In cooperation with the AMH Communications Officer, manage social media to raise the profile of the Training Center among target groups;
• In cooperation with the AMH Communications and Marketing Team, develop, maintain and update branded templates, tools and resources, including but not limited to posters, brochures, social media posts, press releases, banners, etc; and
• Manage a database of sources, and ensure systematic filing system for documents and all files are placed in a secure place (to avoid unauthorized access of documents).
• Handle media inquiries where appropriate, in close cooperation with the Communication officer; and
• Support to produce press releases for key milestones or events.
PARTNERSHIPS AND NETWORKING
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders; and
• Participate in related forums, workshops, meetings, or other events as required.
COMMON ACCOUNTABILITY FOR CARE MYANMAR STAFF:
• To proactively participate in the Annual Planning and Performance Appraisal (APPA) process including the annual appraisal, midyear review and regular 1:1 meetings, ensuring that the APPA process (including the paperwork) is an integral component of Annual Work Plans and activities as ways of improving performance and outcomes;
• Engage in emergency preparedness, assist in any emergency response as required;
• Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness and ensure compliance with the safety and security policies, procedures;
• Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to gender equality, diversity and child protection; and
• Comply with CARE Myanmar’s financial and operational requirements, foster strong communication between operations and program teams and uphold high standards of honesty and integrity in personal conduct.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum Masters’ degree in Communications, Information Management or in related field or a Bachelor’s degree with 5 years relevant work experience in related areas especially in an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO) or similar organization;
• Proven experience in networking and engagement with government, civil society organisations, and donors;
• Proven experience in media relations and knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Proven experience in effective strategic planning, direction setting, strong conceptual, and analytical skills;
• Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan, and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
• Proven communication and representation skills including developing networks and relationships and presenting technical subjects to both internal and external audiences;
• Demonstrated good leadership, decision making, problem solving, analytical and influencing skills;
• Minimum intermediate (very good) written and oral communication skills in English and excellent in Myanmar language; and
• Minimum, intermediate (very good) understanding of desktop-based programs, including word processing packages and power point. Excellent desktop skills are preferable.