Ongo is seeking a Product Manager who will be responsible for leading the company’s product management including planning, development and launch efforts. Reporting to the company CEO, the Product Manager will work closely with Technology Development and Ongo business department heads. The Product Manager will be responsible for leading the company mission in three
• Product Planning - own the Ongo product vision and roadmap prioritization balancing revenue generation goals and organizational/market constraints.
• Product Development - oversee the development lifecycle from UX design and tech requirements to QA with accountability for on-time and
• Product Launch (deployment) and Post-Launch (maintenance) - ensure wide-spread adoption of products, identify and resolve issues that
hinder adoption and repeat usage, improve existing features on an ongoing basis.
Product Management - Planning
• Idea generation for the new features based on market need, strategic vision for the product, and customer requests.
• Collection and prioritization of business and market requirements from prospects, customers of current versions of the product, domain
experts, technology visionaries, market experts, products / solutions from competing vendors, etc.
• Gaining internal and external stakeholder agreement on feature priorities between business units, sales teams, and engineering teams,
as it applies to the products.
• Validating key initiatives through user research, technological assessment, and business case development (when required)
Product Management - Development
• Crafting of requirements defining the need to be fulfilled by new product features or changes to existing features,
• Briefing and overseeing UX/UI resources, and ensuring UX/brand consistency,
• Driving user testing and iterative prototyping,
• Working with engineering team to accelerate development timelines (for example, parallelizing front-end and back-end tasks whenever
• Problem solving with engineering team,
• Overseeing prioritization, budget, timeline for engineering team,
• Owning critical feature QA, overseeing non-critical QA.
Product Management Job Duties: Launch and Post-Launch
• Undertaking product demonstrations to internal and external stakeholders and B2B customers.
• Performing competitive analysis as to how this product is behaving in the market, vis-a-vis other products catering to the same / similar
• Using measurement tools (A/B testing, UX interaction recordings) to inform and prioritize decisions about changes and improvements to
• Soliciting more features and benefits from the users of the software product, users of competitive products, and from analysts and craft /
synthesize these requirements for subsequent product build / release cycles, and pass them on to the software engineering team.
• Self-starter, driven individual with prior experience in B2B product management or in B2C mobile applications
• Organized and analytical
• Able to hold his/her own with a wide range of individuals on an even wider range of topics – from business, sales, marketing, UX/UI,
software engineering to B2B clients, and B2C customers.
• Prior experience of managing UX design process preferred
• Experience in Southeast Asian markets preferred
• Proficient in Atlassian JIRA, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
• Experience with Sketch/Invision a plus
• Resides in Yangon, Myanmar or willing to travel to Yangon on a monthly basis
• Fluent in English (required)
• Fluent in Burmese (preferred)
The ideal candidate is a creative and charismatic leader, innovative thinker, anexcellent executer of plans and a compelling presenter of strategies and ideas. If you are a non-conformist with a record of achieving results who is interested in becoming part of a pioneering young company then you are right for Ongo.