Create extraordinary impact in Myanmar’s rural communities
We are looking for an exceptional leader motivated to join a leading social business in Myanmar that directly serves farmers. Myanmar’s 6+ million smallholder farm households produce over 90 percent of the country’s food and employ a majority of the country’s rural labor force. Yet farmers remain largely underserved by markets and government services, and lack practical farm advisory services, finance and affordable farm technologies to grow their enterprises. This is a unique position for a seasoned service designer who is inspired to transform a key sector and make it more prosperous and sustainable.
As a Senior Service Designer with Proximity Labs, you will lead fast-paced design projects that result in services that impact thousands of farm families. You will oversee the process from initial brief to evaluation, shaping financial products, agronomy services and farm technology to create significant income gains and increase in productivity for customers. This is an opportunity to develop effective farm lending and savings approaches and advisory services for new crops, as well as, potentially make high-tech and high-productivity resources accessible via farming-as-a-service models. Your impact will extend far beyond your project work, as you coach and mentor talented local designers.
What You Will Do
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams in running service design projects for smallholder farmers, including field research, synthesis, building concepts, prototyping, launch and design review.
- Conduct design research to understand the fast-changing needs of farmers in Myanmar, turning insights about farmer behavior and needs into tangible concepts and service opportunities.
- Design and rapidly test innovative services which are desirable, impactful and financially and operationally viable.
- Work across business units to bring new services successfully to launch and scale.
- Understand and consider the evaluation and measurement of the impact of our offerings on customers, to ensure our services are creating significant income gains.
- Actively contribute to development of the Labs team by mentoring young talent and guiding them through the design process.
- Represent Proximity Labs to the larger organization, advising and working closely with Management and team leads.
- Champion design principles and values within the wider Proximity organization.
- Participate in industry events as a representative of Proximity Labs.