The Rural Development Manager will improve the lives of rural Myanmar families through working with the private sector, communities, and local governments to implement innovative solutions to address rural electrification needs and lead the change to socio-economic development. They will manage a combination of community teams, grants, and contracts focused on improving access to electricity for Myanmar villages and small and medium-sized enterprises in these villages. The specialist will provide technical & social leadership for rural development and introduce products by Mandalay Yoma, World Bank and Myanmar Government (Department of Rural Development). The specialist is expected to spend at least 40 percent of their time in rural regions of Myanmar working with target communities. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
* Oversee development, implementation, and updating of the project’s work plan as related to rural development tasks, ensuring application of the market systems development approaches
* Ensure the market and rural development team achieves targets related to rural electrification & development
* Report on monthly project results and facilitate knowledge sharing and learning
* Identify leverage points for new opportunities, promote appropriate collaborations, identify interventions, and scale up best practices
* Experience in similar roles in Development Organizations
* Strong interpersonal skills
* understanding of issues and resolutions in villages
* At least 10 years of experience in, private sector rural development initiatives, or leadership roles on donor-funded rural development projects
Demonstrated experience in achieving sustainable results in agribusiness or rural development projects that go beyond training initiatives
* Well versed in project management including mastery of work breakdown structure creation and scheduling
* Proven ability to use tools such as MS Project or other Office 365 programs (such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Power BI)
* Superior interpersonal, public speaking, and team-building skills
* Experience working with USAID or other donor projects required
* Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
* Good English writing and speaking skills required
About Our Company
Mandalay Yoma is specialised in providing sustainable renewable energy solutions across Myanmar. With wide experience in solar & hybrid, the company is committed to green energy and enabling energy access in rural areas of Myanmar as well as enabling sustainability and monetary savings for commercial & industrial customers. Mandalay Yoma operates across three main segments: Rural Electrification, Commercial & Industrial (C&I) and Consulting / Advisory in Renewable Energy. The company is the leading solar developer as well as EPC & SPP in Myanmar.
Mandalay Yoma has accumulated extensive experience in the design and implementation of Solar energy systems. All design and system features made by Mandalay Yoma are done with the best-in-class professional software, including HelioScope, an advanced PV system design tool. Mandalay Yoma has conducted over 150 energy audits for factories and businesses of various sizes in Myanmar. These are spanning from multinational blue-chip corporations, large & well-established Myanmar conglomerates to local factories and hotels. Through these, the company has acquired a strong knowledge of the business environment in Myanmar as well as the viability of the solar segment in the current business context. With a track record of 2 MW of projects constructed, and 516kWp solar system being the biggest in Myanmar and built by Mandalay Yoma for a large multinational in Mandalay Myotha Industrial Zone, the company showcases its ability to provide C&I customers with a high-quality service along with A to Z project management, from the first assessment & energy audits through to solution design & implementation followed by O&M.
Based in Yangon and with a distributed field team in Myanmar regions, Mandalay Yoma has also been the pioneer in rural electrification solutions in the country, working with the government, the World Bank and GIZ, designing, implementing & operating the first mini-grid projects in the country. Today, Mandalay Yoma has become the leader in the mini-grid segment in Myanmar and has a deep understanding of the specificities of the minigrid sector in the country. The firm has proven experience in the design and implementation of mini-grid solar energy systems in Myanmar. The company has been driving the top quality standards for the offgrid electrification in the country, only installing top quality equipment and driving excellent standards of execution.
Mandalay Yoma has a team comprised of both local and international solar PV experts, with significant solar PV experience gained from other countries and Myanmar, which enables the firm to drive top standards for execution of rural electrification as well as C&I projects in Myanmar.