Position Title : Human Resources Manager
No. of Post : (1) Post
Report to : Head of Department
Department : Human Resources Department
Duty Station : Nay Pyi Taw/ Yangon
Grade : F2
Benefits Packages : Salary + Insurance + Training + Travelling Allowances + Casual Leave+ Quarantine Leave+ + Annual Leave + Medical Certificate Leave + Maternity Leave + Substituted Leave
Application Deadline : (21/01/2020), 16:30
Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) is committed to improving the health and well-being of vulnerable people, as the leading and oldest humanitarian organization in Myanmar. The structure of the National Headquarters (NHQ) consists of 12 Departments and 1 Unit, currently. The MRCS new Law was enacted in August 2015 and it has been introduced to Red Cross Red Crescent Movement partners, UN organizations, INGOs, LNGOs, CBOs and media groups in October.
In 2017, MRCS is increasing its engagement in Rakhine state through immediate, medium and long-term support to people affected by communal violence. With the support of IFRC, ICRC MRCS has initiated Rakhine Operations Management Unit program in Sittwe, Mrauk-U, Kyauktaw, Ponnagyun, Minbya, Maungdaw, Buthidaung, and Rathedaung Townships. Program period is initial three months and high possibility of extension as long-term program. Maungdaw, Buthidaung, and Rathedaung areas are under the management of Maungdaw Hub office. Operation Management Unit located in HQ (Naypyitaw/ Yangon).
Purpose of this position:
With the Framework of the MRCS policies and procedures and in accordance with the fundamental principles of the Red Cross Movement, Human Resources Manager will be responsible for the implementation of HR policies and procedures will manage capacity building training for staff and coordinate with other Departments and related technical facilitators. He or she is also responsible for developing and maintaining concerned policies, regulations, standard procedures related HR development issue and other cross cutting issue. As per MRCS requirements, he or she has to take care not only in HR issues, process, development but also contribution to other necessary and suitable working group for organizational development and change management.
Duties and Responsibilities
I. HR Management
1. Directly report and assist to Head of Department for all HR concerned issues, day by day.
2. Manage and supervise to all Head quarter HR staff including HR field staff especially HR issue.
3. Address demands, grievances or other issues by staff management and relations.
4. Supervise and manage the recruitment and selection process, orientation, training, compensate and benefit, occupational safety, and performance management.
5. Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
6. Check and liaise with Insurance department for staff insurance issue in details.
7. Ensure payroll system and leave control for all staff as MRCS staff regulations, if required.
8. Prepare and check monthly progress report including manpower status, general HR management and training records.
9. Ensure timely and accurate writing of quarterly/ annual reports as well as other reports.
10. Provide translation (written and oral) support for day-to-day work and documents.
II. HR Development
11. Develop, amend and prepare to contribute MRCS human resource policies and procedures and submit to superior in timely manner.
12. Assist to implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with overall organization strategy.
13. Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
14. Assist to HOD in developing compensation and benefits program.
15. Participate and liaise with HR networking group to get update information and others.
16. Conduct research surveys such as job satisfaction, salary survey and others, as necessary.
17. Advise the necessary suggestions to develop MRCS staff and volunteer enhancement.
18. Liaise with Partners for HR management matters as standing points and HR development.
III. Financial Management
19. Proactively manage budgets under your control within agreed financial limits to provide value for money in delivering services in line with financial guidelines and procedures.
20. Prepare annual and quarterly budget together with detail break down.
21. Manage expenses and submit working advance requests and financial reports in timely manner.
22. Monitor budget and expenditure as well as utilization and variance from time to time.
23. Arrange to report HOD of utilization rate and expenses, if necessary.
IV. Staff Management
24. Manage and build as good team to work with team spirit.
25. Arrange and enquiry the relevant training for staff development and career advancement.
26. Ensure job satisfaction through creating friendly and trust worthy atmosphere.
27. Encourage staff to perform at their best to have high quality of work performance.
28. Monitor staff and provide technical support to HR staff including Field HR components.
29. Participates in the evaluation of personnel’s performance in line with Performance Appraisal Guidelines.
V. General Tasks
30. Coordinate and collaborate with other departments to review, revise and develop job description and job specification.
31. Attend and participate the meeting, workshop and other related events on behalf of HR Department as assigned.
32. Make sure as HR responsible person in emergency period under guidance by HOD.
33. Ensure to a higher acting responsibility, if necessary.
34. Learn and conduct the Red Cross movement’s Fundamental Principles and guidelines.
35. Perform duties assigned by HOD and other superior through Head of HR Department.
Skills, Competency and Requirements
• Must be a Myanmar National
• Age between 30 to 50 years
• University Degree and Diploma in HR Management/ HR Development
• Relevant post-graduate degree / Master’s Degree in applicable discipline is preferable
• Minimum (4) years' experience in HR Managerial Level
• Experience in coaching and supporting staff
• Good experiences in Database progress and HR software system
• Experience in Budgeting and Financial Management
• Experience with international donors funded programme is preferable
• Experience working in a professional humanitarian setting is preferable
• In-depth knowledge of labour law and HR best practices compliance
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, take initiative and problem solve, provide staff training, coaching and mentoring
• Well organized, efficient, with excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
• Strong skill in numerical recording, data maintenance and well-developed computer skills
• Proven in active listening, negotiation, presentation skills, analytical skills, critical thinking and leadership skill, people oriented, results driven and detail analysis
• Ability to travel anywhere at short notice to assigned areas & under pressure
• Commitment to learn, open to change and willing to try new things
• Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels
• Effective English 4 skills
• Myanmar Language skills in writing and typing
**Note: Applicants will be considered to be shortlisted that need to send application letter, CV, passport-size photo, education qualifications and references (PDF Version) to:
Head Office: Branch Office:
Myanmar Red Cross Society Myanmar Red Cross Society
Razathingaha Road, Dekhinathiri, No. 42, Red Cross Building, Strand Road,
Nay Pyi Taw. Botahtaung Township, Yangon. (or)
Email: [email protected]
For more information and application, please visit to the www.redcross.org.mm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a personal interview.