Responsibilities for financial accounting and reporting, budgeting, business decision making, custody and control. As a key member of the Management Team, the Chief Accountant is involved in business decisions, business advice, and the financial and accounting impact of these decisions.
• Manage corporate, financial and accounting functions.
• Overview the accounting and financial processes to make sure accuracy, completeness and compliance with relevant accounting standards and financial policies.
• Prepare yearly budget in detail categorized sales forecast and departmental budgeted expenses.
• Control the expenses of the company to remain within the annual budgets. Bank/cash, inventory, cost, salary payment management.
• Direct the preparation of all financial and accounting reports, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to shareholders, budgets, VAT reports, tax returns and reports for government, regulatory agencies monthly, quarterly and yearly timely to ensure all the financial statements are well-prepared complied with Myanmar accounting standard.
• Make monthly KPI reports to compare actual financial results against budget and advise the management on the status of the company’s financial position.
• Review and check accounting transactions including accounting input to accounting software (payment, receipts…) in accordance with internal policies, budget and also mitigating material mistakes.
• Preparation of cash flow forecast on weekly, monthly basis, cooperation with other departments, such as Academic, HR, Admin, Marketing, centres to have the payment plan.
• Work with external auditors in relation to audited accounts.
• Work closely with authority with regards to tax computation, tax planning, payment scheme and other tax related matters.
• Responsible for leading the team, training and coaching staff.
• Maintain and develop the company’s good relationships with regulatory authorities and related business associates.
• Do other duties as assigned.
Male/Female Job Requirements
• Bachelor degree in Finance / Accounting / Audit (Master degree preferred). What We Can Offer
• Have minimum 3 years working experience at the same or at least 5 years’ experience in Financial Management.
• Professional in financial analysis, business acumen and cost consciousness.
• Must be of high integrity, passionate, diligent and perseverance.
• Willingness and ability to work under pressure.
• Analytical with strategic mindset and proactive attitude.
• Excellent in training, team building, communication and coaching skills.
• Must be responsible, pleasant, courteous, cooperative and an enthusiastic team player who displays good human relations’ skills.
• Must be flexible in working hours.
• Must be a self-starter, alert, energetic, responsible and flexible.
• Committed to delivering high levels of customer service.
• Good proficiency in English and Myanmar languages including speaking, listening, writing, reading
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other popular office and management software.
• Proficient in use of Accounting software
• Skilled in using project management software preferred.
• Great working environment Highlights
• Profit sharing scheme
• 14 days of annual leave
• Healthcare insurance
International standard Career Opportunities
Fun working environment
Training provided. About Our Company
Learn new skills on the jobs.
Speak Up uses a management system which allows every single student to have his/her own learning schedule. They can book any classes that suit their free time and cancel it when busy and receive a make-up later. This means for busy working adults they will not miss any lessons which affect the training quality. Also they can learn English at anytime, anywhere all over the world as long as there is internet connection for multimedia lessons (MML).
And because the MML helps students gain more knowledge about the language/structure/pronunciation etc. they have more chance to practice English in teacher led classes. “Practice makes perfect”. That’s why Speak Up students have been very happy with the method for over the past 15 years and makes this unique method become the most successful in Europe. We will have 50-50 foreign - Myanmar teachers: the higher level the more ratio of foreign teacher will be allocated. Moreover, there is a quite good sales and marketing process having been developed for over 15 years and finally we are trained to do it. More jobs from this employer