“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, credit card details, gender, resident status, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, your photo, any information about you which you have provided to New Day in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and/or processed by New Day from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as your identification card number (including NRC card number), birth certificate number, passport number, race, ethnic origin, date of birth, marital status, education background, and data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide New Day your Personal Data, New Day will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below and may cause New Day to be unable to provide services or products to or accept payments from you.
Provision of your Personal Data is mandatory and failure to provide your Personal Data, may be a breach of laws or regulatory requirements, and may cause New Day to be unable to engage you to provide services or products or issue payments to you for products or services provided.
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to New Day directly, New Day may collect your Personal Data from publicly available sources or from third parties, for example:
- from filled up application or registration forms, surveys or training tools or other similar forms;
- from publicly available sources such as directories;
- from New Day’s social media pages, if you follow, like or are a fan of such pages;
- from credit reporting agencies, insurance providers, or financial services providers;
- when you interact and communicate with New Day at any events or activities;
- when you enter contests organized by New Day;
- from various entities or divisions under New Day;
- from other entities who provide you with services or with whom you have a contractual relationship;
- from marketing service providers or partners; or
- by using New Day apps and websites
Where you are a customer of the services provided by New Day, New Day may use and process your Personal Data for the following:
- to perform New Day’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- to provide you with any service you have requested;
- to process your subscriptions and to deliver the services to you;
- to process your participation in any events, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions;
- to process, manage or verify your application for subscription with New Day and to provide you the benefits offered to subscribers;
- to validate your process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- to understand and analyse your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs;
New Day will further use your Personal Data to:
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Policy;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- to maintain the safety and security of our services;
- for New Day to comply with its obligations under law;
And you agree and consent to New Day using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this policy.
New Day may also use and process your data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from New Day, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organized by New Day, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), online messaging service, by hand and/or by email.
Unsubscribe and Revocation of Consent
If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your Personal Data for Additional Purposes by New Day, please click on the link “Unsubscribe” which is embedded in the relevant email or message in order not to receive any such messages in the future. Please note that if you unsubscribe, we may still send you service-related messages.
If you wish to revoke the consent that New Day has obtained from you for the Purposes stipulated herein, please notify New Day using the contact details stated below.
Transfer of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than your home nation or otherwise in the country, state and city in which you are present while using any services provided by New Day (“Alternate Country”), to companies under New Day which are located outside of your home nation or Alternate Country and/or where New Day’s partners are located outside of your home nation or Alternate Country. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of your home nation or Alternate Country as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the above purposes. Furthermore, New Day may engage other companies or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties include, without limitation:
- Event management companies and event sponsors;
- Marketing research companies;
- Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as the formation of a joint venture, a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries, Limiting the Processing of Personal Data
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws of your home nation or Alternate Country, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:
Subject to any laws of your home nation or Alternate Country, New Day reserves the right to impose a fee for access of your Personal Data in the amounts as permitted therein.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, New Day has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
Additionally, we may share non-personally identifiable information from or about you with third parties, such as location data, advertising identifiers, or a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), to facilitate the display of targeted advertising.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via Cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser. You may also be able to limit our sharing of some of this information through your mobile device settings.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Acknowledgement, Consent, and Data Retention
By communicating with New Day, using New Day’s services, purchasing products from New Day or by virtue of your engagement with New Day, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Policy and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by New Day as described in this Policy.
New Day shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Policy at any time by placing the updated Policy on the Websites. By continuing to communicate with New Day, by continuing to use New Day’s services, purchasing products from New Day or by your continued engagement with New Day following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Policy, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.